Legal Precedents for Inheritance of Deceased's Property by Potential Spouse

• Thread starter Count Iblis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary: Yeah, I'm not sure-- I can imagine it being iffy. There might be disputes in those cases where a potential "wife" would by default be able to lay claim to the deceased's value (property, money, etc). I can easily imagine that this has come up before and that there's some sort of legal precedent that's been established. I'm just too lazy to go verify it.
Physics news on Phys.org
missed the Ark question

I got the legal in California answer wrong even though I got the joke. I don't agree that something which is impossible is illegal. For something to be illegal, there has to be a law against it. I doubt that such a law exists.

11/11 Gee, me and two other people got this.

jimmysnyder said:
I got the legal in California answer wrong even though I got the joke. I don't agree that something which is impossible is illegal. For something to be illegal, there has to be a law against it. I doubt that such a law exists.

It would be illegal for her to be a widow if you were still alive.

DaveC426913 said:
11/11 Gee, me and two other people got this.

It would be illegal for her to be a widow if you were still alive.
That's irrelevant and immaterial - Ham Burger.

jimmysnyder said:
That's irrelevant and immaterial - Ham Burger.

I think generally you have to establish that both parties are mutually consenting in order to marry, and you can't establish the consent of a dead person. Although, hmmm... it strikes me as not impossible that they might perform posthumous marriages for things like soldiers who died in battle. So... maybe?

DaveE

davee123 said:
I think generally you have to establish that both parties are mutually consenting in order to marry, and you can't establish the consent of a dead person. Although, hmmm... it strikes me as not impossible that they might perform posthumous marriages for things like soldiers who died in battle. So... maybe?

DaveE

Could have made this stipulation before his demise ? Think it would hold up ?

regor60 said:
Could have made this stipulation before his demise ? Think it would hold up ?

Yeah, I'm not sure-- I can imagine it being iffy. There might be disputes in those cases where a potential "wife" would by default be able to lay claim to the deceased's value (property, money, etc). I can easily imagine that this has come up before and that there's some sort of legal precedent that's been established. I'm just too lazy to go verify it.

DaveE

1. What is the purpose of the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test?

The purpose of the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test is to assess the readiness and preparedness of individuals for the start of the work week on Monday morning. It is designed to measure factors such as productivity, focus, and time management.

2. How is the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test administered?

The "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test can be administered in a variety of ways, depending on the specific needs and preferences of the individual or organization. It may be taken online or on paper, and can be completed individually or as part of a group.

3. Can the results of the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test be used to make hiring or promotion decisions?

No, the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test is not designed or intended to be used for hiring or promotion decisions. It is meant to be a self-assessment tool for individuals to identify areas for improvement in their Monday morning readiness.

4. Are there any tips for improving performance on the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test?

Yes, there are several tips that can help improve performance on the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test. These include getting enough sleep on Sunday night, setting a positive mindset for the week ahead, and planning out tasks and priorities for Monday morning.

5. Can the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test be used to diagnose any underlying issues or conditions?

No, the "Is Monday Morning Test Ready?" test is not meant to diagnose any underlying issues or conditions. It is simply a tool for self-assessment and improvement in Monday morning readiness.