Money is the root of all _______?

• Thread starter megashawn
  • Start date
BoulderHead
Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Ditto, but with one change......

Yes, I think we have at last come to agreement on this matter and I'm glad of it. I am aware that this world is rough and that money plays both a real and a large factor in our lives. I have a hope and a dream for mankind that realistically I know has A chance of coming to pass in our lifetimes. I seek to fully appreciate all those things which I am fortunate enough to have in this time...

(Maybe I'm just a little more optomistic then you thought......too)
Damn, you really ARE an optimist, haha!

Let’s look at the love a young child has for its parents. I have been told that this is a most special love due to it being ‘unconditional’ and that later on as we grow up our love becomes much more conditional. Those of you with children may understand this better than I am able to explain it. How does the cost of raising a youngster play into all of this and does this example simply reduce somehow to the cost in breast-milk that a mother has had to ‘spend’?

If I'm reading you right BH, I suspect that the cost is NOT a factor in "the unconditional love of children", but it is a factor in how their being raised, results.

The truth of their povety comes to them in understanding, sooner or later in life, it is in how they deal with that that tells of the childs, and the parents, effectiveness in childrearing.

That, and all of those other factors, lots of them, that play into lots of different idiosyncratic venues/values that tells many an 'other' tale, to the affects, and effects, of their early years.

Does that help?

Is that "approx" what you were asking?

BoulderHead
I'm not sure. I'm thinking that the parent may feel the child's love is unconditional yet, at least from a certain perspective, it might be argued that the parent did in fact have to 'purchase' this love through acts of self-sacrifice such as breast feeding or attention given to the child in so many other ways. The child could feel this love for all the adults it encounters, but the bond is much stronger between the child and it's parent...

It is probably in the vein of the parent, teaching the child, that they are the one that the child interacts with, hence, the love the child comes by sorta naturally should/could/would be projected towards the first one, that the child learns will reflect that back.

The rest is learned in the 'language', great relevance on what, and how, the child is told, and what/how they actually learn from what/how they are told.