Send Money Easily with Credit Card: Tips & Tricks

In summary: Maybe its changed recently.In summary, Western Union is a reliable and popular money transfer company that charges a fee for their services.
exequor
Does anyone know the easiest way to have someone send money, using a credit card, to a bank account over the internet?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "over the internet"? If you want to send someone money anywhere in the world, Western Union is very easy.

I have also done bank transfers where I call my bank, give them the bank information of the person I want to send money to, and they electronically transfer the money.

What exactly are you trying to do?

I'm want my parents to use their credit card to send money to my account here in the US. The can do a wire transfer but I need it by tomorrow with all this hurricane stuff coming into the picture. I was wondering if there was some way for me to probably accept donations to my account, like one could do with a paypal account.

exequor said:
I'm want my parents to use their credit card to send money to my account here in the US. The can do a wire transfer but I need it by tomorrow with all this hurricane stuff coming into the picture. I was wondering if there was some way for me to probably accept donations to my account, like one could do with a paypal account.
Westren Union is instant, but you will need to pick the money up at a place they have a location, like a grocery store nearby.

See now, I've heard about this Western union thing before.. but I've never actually seen an outlet for them. Are they hiding? Did we kick them out of Canada? Or did they change their name to appeal to the mindless majority here? I bet they're known as "Canadian Union" or some crap...

Anyways, I really havn't ever seen them, it's like they're hiding. Make sure you know where one is before going with them.

They're worldwide, I've sent money to people traveling in other countries with them.

Have your parents go here http://www.westernunion.com/index_consumer.asp and select the country they are in. You can look up places where you can receive the money first, or you can call them and ask.

Western Union is 100% legitimate, there is nothing to worry about with them, they're one of the oldest and most reputable money transfer companies in the US/World.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it cost?

Smurf said:
What does it cost?
It depends on how much you send. If you go to the website, you can check by entering the amount and the destination and it will tell you how much.

Smurf they are usually expensive. I know about western union but tomorrow is sunday. I'll have to think of something.

Hmmm, i"d have to pay 36 dollars to send 500 dollars to mexico.. that's a bit steep I think, for a wireless transfer with minimal labour involved.

Western union is a prime target for fraud, that's why they charge a rather heavy fee i'd bet. I thought it was only 1-2% a few years ago...

1. How can I send money easily with a credit card?

Sending money with a credit card is simple and convenient. You can either use a money transfer service, such as PayPal or Venmo, or directly send money from your credit card to the recipient's bank account.

2. Are there any fees associated with sending money with a credit card?

Yes, there may be fees involved when sending money with a credit card. Some money transfer services charge a percentage of the transaction amount, while others may have a flat fee. Additionally, your credit card issuer may charge a cash advance fee for using your card to send money.

3. Are there any tips to avoid high fees when sending money with a credit card?

One tip is to compare the fees of different money transfer services and choose the one with the lowest fees. You can also opt for a direct bank transfer instead of using a money transfer service, as this may have lower fees. Additionally, consider using a credit card with no foreign transaction fees if you are sending money internationally.

4. Can I send money to anyone with a credit card?

You can send money to anyone who has a bank account or a money transfer service account. However, some money transfer services may have restrictions on certain countries or require the recipient to have an account with the same service.

5. Is it safe to send money with a credit card?

As long as you use a reputable money transfer service or make a direct bank transfer, it is generally safe to send money with a credit card. However, it is important to be cautious and only send money to people you trust. It is also recommended to use strong and unique passwords for your accounts to prevent fraud.