Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Monitor or some other Problem please help

1. Mar 5, 2008 #1

I have this problem cropping up lately, whenever i start/power on my PC, everything seems to work, but not the monitor the led just blinks with no video signal no error no beep. But it starts working when i connect it to the Motherboard's video port, but then again when i restart it would go through same problem: evthg/cpu/fan working but then my monitor is blank with LED blinking. Again when i connect monitor to the Graphics card, it will work, some kind of periodic thing but i am too tired to keep changing the ports.....

I am using Graphics Card, despite this I am now able to connect my monitor through motherboards video port which was not possible previously when there was no such problem

Help is highly appreciated

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2008 #2
    It sounds like the video card is dying, if not dead. I have a computer currently that has stripes of color about an inch wide streaming down the monitor. I think that I will have the same problem as you shortly.
  4. Mar 12, 2008 #3
    try this
    reset your BIOS by removing the MB battery and shorting the appropriate jumber
    then clean your vedio card and MB from dust
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?