What do Fh and Fv mean in monitor specs?

In summary, the Viewsonic E771 has a maximum refresh rate of 30-70kHz, with 50-120Hz being the default.
600burger
I have a viewsonic E771 and was wondering what the max refresh rate on in would be. I looked up the specs and it says

Fh:30-70kHz, Fv:50-120Hz

My question is what does Fh and Fv mean?

-Burg

Computer science news on Phys.org
h: horizontal
v: vertical

Answered my own question:

Horizontal frequency and Vertical frequency.

But does this mean i can set the refresh to 120Hz and everything will be cool?

Edit: Sorry, i researched a little, posted it and went to look some more while people got back to me and i answered myself in the mean time. :blushing:

Yeah - it should be fine - if anything goess wrong just press F8 while loading for windows then go to Safe Mode.

120Hertz would be fantastic: as long as your video card can handle it.
The human eye usually starts noticing flickering around 60 hertz but higher is usually better. Sometimes you can still see the flickering in the corner of your eye at higher levels. If your monitor is a flat-panel it should go to 120 hertz. If it's a CRT monitor the max will probably be around 80-100. Go to Control Panel - device manager- and monitor properties to change it.

Refresh rate as a non-issue in regards to LCD monitors

delton said:
The human eye usually starts noticing flickering around 60 hertz but higher is usually better... If your monitor is a flat-panel it should go to 120 hertz.
  • I have not read of any LCD monitors that can refresh faster than 60Hz.

• Flicker is not an issue with LCD monitors since LCD monitors do not use phosphors.

hitssquad said:
I have not read of any LCD monitors that can refresh faster than 60Hz.

Me too never seen a TFT / LCD at that refresh rate, perhaps the top of the range ones may do but they are typically in the 70-80 refresh rate

1. What is a monitor refresh rate?

A monitor refresh rate refers to the number of times the display updates per second. It is measured in Hertz (Hz) and is a crucial factor in determining the smoothness and clarity of images on a screen.

2. How does the refresh rate affect my viewing experience?

A higher refresh rate typically results in a smoother and more fluid viewing experience, especially when watching fast-moving content such as video games or action movies. A lower refresh rate may result in motion blur or screen tearing.

3. What is the recommended refresh rate for gaming?

For optimal gaming experience, a refresh rate of 144Hz or higher is recommended. This allows for smoother and more responsive gameplay, as well as reduced input lag.

4. Can I increase the refresh rate on my monitor?

This depends on the capabilities of your monitor. Some monitors have a fixed refresh rate, while others may allow you to adjust it through the display settings. However, in order to take advantage of a higher refresh rate, your graphics card and other hardware must also support it.

5. Are there any drawbacks to having a high refresh rate?

One potential drawback of a high refresh rate is that it may consume more power and generate more heat, which could potentially shorten the lifespan of your monitor. Additionally, a higher refresh rate may not make a noticeable difference in image quality for everyday tasks such as web browsing or document editing.