When this news came up on a newpaper in the UK, the next day came up a letter from a member of the public declaring the experiment "unethical", labelling it as "pointless", and that the monkey would have been in "horrific suffering" for "probably months", and the researchers as "callous" - even though nothing approaching this was mentioned in the article.
Especially halirious was the line where she said: "These so-called 'scientists'...."
Not quite reassuring as to the objectivity and knowledge of certain parts of the public, eh?
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving