1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Monte Carlo Integration

1. Jan 23, 2014 #1
    First let me say I apologize for posting in the wrong subforum. But for some reason I am not allowed to post in Math and Science Learning materials, maybe a glitch? Please move this thread there if possible.

I am looking for a good book that will teach me Monte Carlo Integration at a senior undergraduate level. I am in a second course in numerical analysis, and I would like to learn Monte Carlo Integration for one of my projects. Does anyone know of a good source that will teach me this method at an undergraduate level? All of the books I have seen it in are graduate textbooks and a little over my head.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2014 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

The Learning Materials forums are for actual online materials written for PF, or for links to such materials on other sites; not for requests for them, or discussion about them.

This is the appropriate forum to ask about books.

4. Jan 23, 2014 #3
    The book Numerical Mathematics and Computing by Cheney & Kincaid contains a basic introduction to Monte Carlo methods.

5. Jan 23, 2014 #4
    Statistical Mechanics: Algorithms and Computations by W. Krauth

or
    An Introduction to Computer Simulation Methods: Applications to Physical Systems by Gould /Tobochnik

6. Jan 24, 2014 #5
    Interesting, I just signed up for a course on coursera that uses that first book. We'll see how it goes.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted