Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Moon landing

1. Oct 27, 2003 #1
    i've heard lots of theories of people saying it was staged but dunno...some people beleived it was fake because there were no stars in the sky...any comments? about this topic?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2003 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This one is for you Ivan!

4. Oct 27, 2003 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey decibel. :smile:

Thanks to FZ+, you can find a link to badastronomy.com in the skeptics napster on the main page of this [S&D] forum. I will quote part of the explanation found there. The link to this particular discussion is found at the end of the page.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

5. Oct 27, 2003 #4

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi decibel!

Those who say it was staged are idiots without a clue.

Considering that the Soviets would have been watching the moon landing and would have been the very first to burst any slightest inkling of a hoax, it would have been absolutely impossible to stage the landing. A signal was coming from the moon (or enroute to the moon) the entire duration of the mission. It is impossible (or certainly more difficult than actually going there) to fake that...

6. Oct 27, 2003 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Individual pieces of evidence aside, hoax believers can't grasp the vastness of the conspiracy required to fake the moon landings. It simply isn't possible.

7. Oct 27, 2003 #6
    i c...well thx for the info guys.....i was just wondering what other people think about since some idoits think they staged it in the las vegas desert....but yeah, i understand now thanks

8. Oct 28, 2003 #7

Absolutely right! It is like all the stupid UFO stories... Isn't it odd that the only group of people who never seem to see UFO's are Astronomers who spend all their time looking up at the skies above!

9. Oct 28, 2003 #8
    Doesn't the badastronomy.com website cover every issue of this?

10. Oct 28, 2003 #9

Njorl

Science Advisor

At some point in this argument, it becomes clear that actually going to the moon is far easier than faking it well.

Njorl

11. Oct 28, 2003 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If anyone wants to debate this point please start a new thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?