Angular Acceleration: Solve 500-700rev/sec in 30sec

In summary, the angular acceleration of the fan from 500 to 700rev/sec in 3 seconds is 418.9 rad/s^2.
Sparky500

Homework Statement

A fan increases in speed from 500 to 700rev/sec in 30 seconds. What is the average angular acceleration during that time?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

The answer i get for this one is

∝=(700-500 rev⁄sec)/3sec

any input appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
well, same problem again.

1. the angular acceleration has the units of rad/s^2
2. how many rad is 200 rev?

sorry i have given the wrong answer for you to look at, the correct answer (one i have) should have read:

=418.9 rad⁄s^2

200 * 2pi / 30 = 41.89 ...

hi, just noticed that i had a misprint in my original question above (sorry about this) in the question it says 30 secs whereas it should read 3.0 secs.
therefore would my original answer be the correct one (sorry)

1. What is angular acceleration?

Angular acceleration is the rate of change of angular velocity, which is the rate at which an object rotates around a fixed axis. It is measured in radians per second squared (rad/s²) or revolutions per second squared (rev/s²).

2. How do you calculate angular acceleration?

Angular acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in angular velocity by the change in time. The formula is: α = (ω₂ - ω₁) / (t₂ - t₁), where α is the angular acceleration, ω is the angular velocity, and t is time.

3. What is the unit of measurement for angular acceleration?

The unit of measurement for angular acceleration is radians per second squared (rad/s²) or revolutions per second squared (rev/s²).

4. What does it mean to solve 500-700rev/sec in 30sec?

Solving 500-700rev/sec in 30sec means finding the angular acceleration of an object that rotates at a speed of 500-700 revolutions per second in a time span of 30 seconds.

5. How can I use angular acceleration in real life?

Angular acceleration has applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and astronomy. It is used to study the motion of objects in circular motion, such as the rotation of planets, the movement of gears in machines, and the spinning of a roller coaster. It is also important in understanding the stability and control of aircraft and spacecraft.