Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

More classical music

1. Jun 2, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2006 #2
    The only one I've seen before is the Essential Yo Yo Ma. Although, I'm new to this and own just a couple of CDs, I don't think I'll go with any of those. Some of the performers listed are famous (Yo Yo Ma and Johsua Bell, for example), but these are, in general, more "modern" (if I may use the term) renditons. For violin, you may want to check some Itzhak Perlman or Yehudi Menuhin CDs. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  4. Jun 2, 2006 #3
    Bah. Don't bother buying any of those. They probably aren't worth their money at all (although 'The art of violin' DVD is a good buy)

There are plenty of videos on youtube that you can see. For example this one:

[MEDIA=youtube]QCwhn7iv9zc[/MEDIA]&search=piano concerto

Magnificent performance by Daniel Barenboim.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  5. Jun 2, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

I do not own a tv, and will not back down after i told the bbc what i thought of them and where they can stick there licence fee, so i need a dvd player of some sort, as i am deaf in one ear stero would be a waste money, i imagine speakers are important.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  6. Jun 2, 2006 #5

Lisa!

Gold Member

Dear, could you please tell us what you have? I guess it takes less time (perhaps no time)...:tongue:

<runs and hides>

7. Jun 2, 2006 #6
    Sorry..I'm having trouble understanding what you are trying to say.

8. Jun 2, 2006 #7

wolram

Gold Member

Well the only electronic sound reproducer i have is a clock radio, i have never owned a dvd player or any other type of musical entertainment, so
    what i need is a decent sound player, if i went to a shop i would not know
    what to look for.

Lisa, not a lot, and it gets less all the time. :smile:

9. Jun 2, 2006 #8

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Wolram all those DVDs are "best ofs", except for the violin sonatas. If you ar going to do claasical you should get some solid works too, maybe the Mozart Jupiter symphony or any of Beethoven's nine, etc. It's just like not starting your library with a bunch of books of quotations.

10. Jun 2, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

I lke Beethoven, i found out today that there was two of them, and some of those violin players are so good, who are they?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?