Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

More conic section exercises

1. Jun 8, 2007 #1

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I have already tried some internet searches and looked through and solved the more interesting exercises in two of my Larson & Hostetler college algebra/precalculus books, and some in an intermediate algebra book - but I wish I could find many more useful, practical and applied exercises for conic sections. I am interested in finding more applied and practical varieties, and also some interesting theoretical problems suitable for the intermediate algebra and precalculus level.

Sonic booms; LORAN; Orbits; Elliptical Room and its foci for sound; Derivations of the equations based on the definition of each... How about more kinds for more fun!
    Anyone could tell me something?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2007 #2
    There are allot of applications to conic curves theory, including optics and telecommunications. Maybe you should try to search a bit in those fields.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?