Girl Problems: Dealing With Unrequited Love at 18

• Thread starter Physics is Phun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, the girl has a lot in common with the guy, and they are friends. However, she is not interested in him romantically and he is not interested in her that way either. Recently, he went over to her house and they talked for a while. He felt at ease around her and thought she was a really cool person. However, when he told her he liked her, she told him she was just friends with him.
Beeza said:
I disagree. It never mattered to me nor did laughing at them affect my chances of being with them. Its all the same, and all guys can use the same type of "game" and be sucessful with dating. It'll work with 80% of young college girls.

Being too nice is just going to leave a guy standing on the back porch in the rain with flowers in their hand while the cocky and not-so-nice guy is inside in the sheets with the girl.

I know that sounds like a jerk thing to say, but everyone has to learn from their mistakes somehow, and I'm only trying to help him learn from mine. It sad when you have to act like a jerk, but it works. When the time comes, and he's done getting all of the crazy no strings attached sex out of the way, he'll meet a girl that will fall for him.
Beeza, you've given the worst dating advice I've ever seen. Any girl you "attract" by being a "jerk" has a "problem" with self esteem.

Guys that are nice, thoughtful, reliable, and considerate win me over. I'm sure the other girls/women here all agree.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Beeza, you've given the worst dating advice I've ever seen. Any girl you "attract" by being a "jerk" has a "problem" with self esteem.

Guys that are nice, thoughtful, reliable, and considerate win me over. I'm sure the other girls/women here all agree.

It's not bad dating advice. Spend some time at college parties and around campus. See how guys and girls at this age interact. Observe what kind of men a majority of the girls are attracted to and flirting with at a party. They may call him an *******, but they'll likely go home with him instead of the guy standing there telling them that they are beautiful and that he likes to write poetry.

Every girl I have ever talked to claims to want the nice and sweet guys, but for some reason their boyfriend or guy they were sleeping with always seems to be a jerk? I think that a big part of the problem is that girls at that age don't know what they want. When they grow up, they'll settle down with the nice guy.

On the other hand, I guess this could be considered bad dating advice for sustaining a relationship, but if one is looking for something purely physical, then this method works. I never had any trouble, and the few girls that acting like this doesn't work with, well then those are the ones you actually want a relationship with.

Evo said:
Any girl you "attract" by being a "jerk" has a "problem" with self esteem.

He's got a point though, it's sad to say, but there are a lot of girls that don't share your point of view, lol, trust me, I've met lots of them - They don't care when I'm nice to them, but they are really interested when I act like an arrogant jerk? I mean what the ...? Anyway, my main method is be the nice guy, if that doesn't work, then be arrogant - after all, if the first one fails, you have nothing to loose.

Physics is Phun said:
There were people at the party that know the bf through her... no one independently that would tell him that I was there with her though.

Does that matter? They're broken up no?

Talk to her sober, and just be honest. If she keeps making excuses like getting over her ex, or that she's moving away, it's probably best to just back off and just be friends. I mean that- don't be the guy that gets strung along by the confused* girl and is on call for a little rumpy pumpy whenever she feels like it. This is a bad place to be if you have unreciprocated relationship aspirations.

*I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt between "confused" and "playing games", but the stay away flag waves in either case.

finchie_88 said:
He's got a point though, it's sad to say, but there are a lot of girls that don't share your point of view, lol, trust me, I've met lots of them - They don't care when I'm nice to them, but they are really interested when I act like an arrogant jerk? I mean what the ...? Anyway, my main method is be the nice guy, if that doesn't work, then be arrogant - after all, if the first one fails, you have nothing to loose.

But do you want a girl who let's herself be treated that way? If we're just talking about picking up some drunk at a college party for a roll in the hay, then it's not really a big deal (though who needs to put on an act for this?). If you want to meet someone to get involved with, I'd say no thanks to a pushover who let me boss them around.

shmoe said:
Does that matter? They're broken up no?
He was just responding to my question. I had an uncomfortable feeling that she was dragging him around for show in front of a bunch of people..
physics is phun said:
oh yeah, at the beginning of the party she was telling people that she was there "with me" and that "he's my man"
..just so that it would get back to her ex. That's the only reason I asked. Sounds like that probably wasn't the case though.

Still sounds like she's pretty mixed up about what she wants. Girls like this are "trouble on the hoof".

Beeza said:
It's not bad dating advice. Spend some time at college parties and around campus. See how guys and girls at this age interact. Observe what kind of men a majority of the girls are attracted to and flirting with at a party. They may call him an *******, but they'll likely go home with him instead of the guy standing there telling them that they are beautiful and that he likes to write poetry.
I hate to break it to you, but I've been to college and know what goes on at parties and what sort of jerks attend them. And Evo is dead on, the women who have no self-esteem will leave with them. It never makes for any sort of lasting relationship. It might linger a while, he treats her like crap, she cries to her girlfriends, goes back to him for a bit, that gets repeated for a few months, and they break up, then he says he's sorry, they get back together, treat each other like crap again, break up again, she parades the newest jerk around in front of him for a while, breaks up with the new one, etc. Sometimes they even get married and treat each other like crap for a while then too, and yep, you got it, a few years, and sometimes a kid or two down the road, they finally realize they can't stand all the fighting and get divorced.

When you find mutual respect, you'll find a lasting relationship. Games are for kids, and yeah, lots of college kids still play the games, but those ready to settle down know it's time to give it up and find a partner they can respect.

Beeza said:

Every girl I have ever talked to claims to want the nice and sweet guys, but for some reason their boyfriend or guy they were sleeping with always seems to be a jerk? I think that a big part of the problem is that girls at that age don't know what they want. When they grow up, they'll settle down with the nice guy.

On the other hand, I guess this could be considered bad dating advice for sustaining a relationship, but if one is looking for something purely physical, then this method works. I never had any trouble, and the few girls that acting like this doesn't work with, well then those are the ones you actually want a relationship with.

Wow, but have you actually thought why girls do that? and how being a "jerk" affects people around you? and then think, how many girls are different than the type of a girls you've just shown? And also, how many people pretend to have a personality they have around you? Being a type of a person, as you think is "cool", is just an empty type of a person without thoughts, own ideas and life. They come empty, and they go empty, leaving all experience also without frame. BTW, poets leave ideas, feelings and nice traces of their existence behind them, and jerks leave nothing but suffering and unpleasant feelings after'em not actually accomplishing and adding anything into the world as a whole. anyway, you don't need to respond or get mad at what I wrote, just if you can, answer the 4 questions.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
He was just responding to my question. I had an uncomfortable feeling that she was dragging him around for show in front of a bunch of people..

Ahh, I had missed your question, thanks :smile:. I was hoping he wasn't trying to justify something nefarious (which he wasn't).

Moonbear said:
I hate to break it to you, but I've been to college and know what goes on at parties and what sort of jerks attend them. And Evo is dead on, the women who have no self-esteem will leave with them. It never makes for any sort of lasting relationship. It might linger a while, he treats her like crap, she cries to her girlfriends, goes back to him for a bit, that gets repeated for a few months, and they break up, then he says he's sorry, they get back together, treat each other like crap again, break up again, she parades the newest jerk around in front of him for a while, breaks up with the new one, etc. Sometimes they even get married and treat each other like crap for a while then too, and yep, you got it, a few years, and sometimes a kid or two down the road, they finally realize they can't stand all the fighting and get divorced.

When you find mutual respect, you'll find a lasting relationship. Games are for kids, and yeah, lots of college kids still play the games, but those ready to settle down know it's time to give it up and find a partner they can respect.

I'm aware that most everyone on this board has been to college and graduated--most with advanced degrees. However, I also believe that the percentage of women on this board are also women that are very refined and proper (women that men should hang onto and not play games with)-- women that know what they want and never played games. However, I do believe that a lot of other women fall into the same category as the women on this board.

I'd also like to throw in that I'm not some monster that people on here seem to think I am. I just speak from my own experiences and observations. I also said that when a man finds a girl that doesn't go for the bull**** games, that's the one you hold onto. I found one that didn't, and I'm holding onto her very tightly.

Beeza said:
I'd also like to throw in that I'm not some monster that people on here seem to think I am. I just speak from my own experiences and observations. I also said that when a man finds a girl that doesn't go for the bull**** games, that's the one you hold onto. I found one that didn't, and I'm holding onto her very tightly.
Then why do you suggest others play the games if you know that's not the way to find someone worth holding on to? If someone plays games, rather than perpetuate it and be a jerk back, cut them loose and move on. It applies for both sexes.

heartless said:
Wow, but have you actually thought why girls do that? and how being a "jerk" affects people around you? and then think, how many girls are different than the type of a girls you've just shown? And also, how many people pretend to have a personality they have around you? Being a type of a person, as you think is "cool", is just an empty type of a person without thoughts, own ideas and life. They come empty, and they go empty, leaving all experience also without frame. BTW, poets leave ideas, feelings and nice traces of their existence behind them, and jerks leave nothing but suffering and unpleasant feelings after'em not actually accomplishing and adding anything into the world as a whole. anyway, you don't need to respond or get mad at what I wrote, just if you can, answer the 4 questions.

I don't mind answering them nor am i mad.

Why girls do that? I have no idea. Girls from good families, bad families, religious families, married women, whatever. A lot of them (not all of them) do the same thing. The reasons are well beyond me, and I truly have no idea.
Me being a "jerk" doesn't really affect people around me. I'm not a complete jerk, but I'm also not a complete pushover nice guy. I tried being a pushover nice guy, and that never worked well for me with the dating world of young girls, so I changed for awhile--until I met my current fiance'.

I help the people next to me in classes when they ask a question. I help people in the gym when they ask questions. Hell, this winter I even chased a handicapped girl down a hill in an out of control electric wheelchair that she lost control off and slid down a big snowwy hill almost crashing into the side of a building. I picked it up and carried herself and the chair back to the top while everyone else just walked right by her and laughed.

I have no idea how many people are fake around me. I really don't care. I have maybe 2 or 3 good friends, and the rest are just people that I know. If people act fake around me, then its their own fault. I'm friendly with everyone from the criminals at work roofing to the kid that sits alone in the cafeteria with no friends around him.

I also have nothing against poetry-- in fact, I enjoy reading it. I just merely used it as an example, and a poor one at that. My mistake.

Beeza said:
Me being a "jerk" doesn't really affect people around me. I'm not a complete jerk, but I'm also not a complete pushover nice guy. I tried being a pushover nice guy, and that never worked well for me with the dating world of young girls, so I changed for awhile--until I met my current fiance'.
There are miles of middle ground between jerk and pushover. Neither extreme is going to come across as very attractive. Recommending someone avoid being a pushover doesn't mean they have to act like a jerk.

excerpt from her blog
"
What a weird ... past month or so.

I have decided that the best way to cope with all of this is just to cacoon myself around friends and forget about boys for a while. I need to get over everything that's happened. And I can't even comprehend what happened yet. So its going to be quite some time. And it's not just Matt I have to get over. It's some other people and things as well. I always just pick up and move on to the next boy...and that nearly happened this time, but thanks to the fact that I really care about him. I didn't let it happen. I am going to change my ways. I just want to have fun and not care or worry about anything. I have learned my lesson. What can I say? Matt's a good teacher. It's just too hard to understand. And it hurts way too much to ignore. How do you fill in 6 months of absolute lies and bull****? How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow realizing that you spent the last half year living something that doesn't really exsist? You would feel like I do now. Confused...exhausted...hurt...dazed...lonely...stupid...pathetic...the list just keeps going.
"
i still haven't got a chance to talk to her, and she'll be gone all day today.
Now she knows that i'd be reading this. I don't really know what to think, but it looks like she's going to need some space.
I now have a feeling that she said she was with me at that party not to try and have it get back to her boyfriend...but to keep all the other guys there away from her.
I don't know what to do anymore...should I even bring anything up? or should our next convo just be friendly and non-serious, and i'll just let her bring up what's going on with our relationship, when she's ready.
:confused: :frown:

edit: whoops, sorry for the swearing there...but i see this genius forum has some sort of auto-swear-destroyer...very nice. *thumbsup*

Yes, she definitely needs space and time.

But she also needs a friend.

Can you be the friend she needs without it being too painful for you? I know you want more, but friendship is priceless.

If you do talk about your relationship, do so in a non-threatening, understanding way, where non-threatening means no pressure for something more.

If you continue to be her friend, maybe, in time, she will be interested in a deeper relationship with you, but you have be prepared for the fact that this might never happen. Could you still be her friend (and even be happy for her) if, down the road, she develops a healthy relationship with a guy who treats her well.

Years ago, I was in a similar situation, and, from experince, I can say that it is possible to be happy for her and sad for yourself at the same time. In my case, "those" type of feelings eventually subsided, I found and married my soulmate, and I still have a wonderful friend.

I know that you're in a difficult situation, but she obviously cares for you, and, even if she is not ready for a relationship, that should count for something.

And, there still is the possiblilty that, in the long run, things will work out the way you want them to.

Ah, teenage break-up melodrama. :rolleyes: I forgot, you're at that age where every break up is the end of the world and cause for long, long diary entries (now blog entries) expressing how traumatic it all is and how she'll never get over it, etc.

Well, it was nice of her to spell it all out for you. She needs more time and is confused, and really cares about you, which is why she doesn't want to just rush into things. So, that means taking time to just hang out together and keeping your paws off! :wink: She has probably just realized for herself that just jumping from one physical relationship to another is not very satisfying without building up an emotional bond first.

If she knows you read her blog, so she might have written that stuff intentionally for you to see it, give her a call, tell her you read her blog, and you understand better now. Reassure her that you care very much for her and are willing to back up and take things more slowly, just hanging out together for a while until she's ready. Then, you have to resist going any further than holding hands and a peck on the cheek. If she initiates things and tries to take it any further than that, look her in the eye and ask directly, "Are you sure? I don't want you to regret anything or wind up hating me for going too fast." Something like that...make it really clear that it's her decision and you can wait until she's ready, and that you don't want to just rush into things because of a passing impulse. That'll be the toughest question of your life to have to slow down when you'll want to keep going, but given the outcome of making out at the party, you don't want to repeat that and wind up getting the cold shoulder again.

Now, here's the other tough part...there's no guarantee she's going to really ever move forward with you. If there's nobody else catching your interest, there's no harm in being patient with her, but if someone else comes along, and she's still doing the "let's just be friends" thing, move on and don't feel guilty over it.

Meh, grow up :zzz:

I'm fat. I'm ugly. I'm mean and have a rather odd personality. People never speak to me unless they want me to help them with something.

Do you see me complaining :confused:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Physics is Phun said:
excerpt from her blog
**snippity snip***
i still haven't got a chance to talk to her, and she'll be gone all day today.

This might just be me, but I have to say this is a sucky way for her to pass this information to you.

I say bollocks to wating around for her to "be ready". It may never happen and it's just going to suck holding on to these romantic ideas any longer than necessary. Nothing will make her take you for granted more than you promising to be her "boyfriend in waiting". Move on as soon as possible, you wouldn't want to miss other chances because you're still hung up on this girl. This doesn't mean you can't be friends if you're emotionally up to it, but there's nothing wrong if you wanted to be selfish and stay away for a time if you would find that too draining. Just my opinion.

shmoe said:
This might just be me, but I have to say this is a sucky way for her to pass this information to you.

I say bollocks to wating around for her to "be ready". It may never happen and it's just going to suck holding on to these romantic ideas any longer than necessary. Nothing will make her take you for granted more than you promising to be her "boyfriend in waiting". Move on as soon as possible, you wouldn't want to miss other chances because you're still hung up on this girl. This doesn't mean you can't be friends if you're emotionally up to it, but there's nothing wrong if you wanted to be selfish and stay away for a time if you would find that too draining. Just my opinion.

I agree. Learn from my mistakes. :rolleyes:

ah, boyfriend it waiting...that pretty much sums it up. Well, I've been waiting for 4-5 months now...what's a bit more!
I AM supposed to be hanging out with this other girl sometime this weekend. I haven't seen her since the fall semester. There is nothing relationship-wise there, but she's a lot of fun.
hmm, i don't know what to do...how long should I wait? this one friend I've talked to a lot about this says give her 3 weeks before i bring anything up about it again. i guess that sounds reasonable. i dunno...

there's one thing i forgot to mention, we hung out at her place the night before the party, like all night. We just cuddled together and fell asleep in each other's arms. and I just remembered that she also asked me to go to a wedding with her in the fall.
...you can see my confusion...:bugeye:

Physics is Phun said:
ah, boyfriend it waiting...that pretty much sums it up. Well, I've been waiting for 4-5 months now...what's a bit more!
I AM supposed to be hanging out with this other girl sometime this weekend. I haven't seen her since the fall semester. There is nothing relationship-wise there, but she's a lot of fun.
hmm, i don't know what to do...how long should I wait? this one friend I've talked to a lot about this says give her 3 weeks before i bring anything up about it again. i guess that sounds reasonable. i dunno...

You've been waiting too long already. Stop now. That logic eventually turns into, well I've been waiting 6 months, can't give up now! Then its a year, then its a year and a half, then maybe you finally get a clue [/anecdote]

Now, if you want to wait three weeks and bring it up again, fine. But don't blather on about how you'll be there anyway, waiting for her to be ready. You'll regret it. If she's not willing to give straight answers by then, I advise you move on.

there's one thing i forgot to mention, we hung out at her place the night before the party, like all night. We just cuddled together and fell asleep in each other's arms. and I just remembered that she also asked me to go to a wedding with her in the fall.
...you can see my confusion...:bugeye:

Nothing like that for mucking up a teenager's brain, I have to say.

Come on! "Out of sight, out of mind" All kiddies say stuff like "her or none" or "I wait for her forever" but the moment they meet someone else, they just forget all about it...

Lisa! said:
Come on! "Out of sight, out of mind" All kiddies say stuff like "her or none" or "I wait for her forever" but the moment they meet someone else, they just forget all about it...

And don't forget the classic:
If I can't have her, no one can

Physics is Phun said:
hmm, i don't know what to do...how long should I wait?

4-5 months is more than enough.

Physics is Phun said:

Great! Have fun, hang out with other people, etc. generally get on with life.

Physics is Phun said:
this one friend I've talked to a lot about this says give her 3 weeks before i bring anything up about it again. i guess that sounds reasonable. i dunno...

I don't see why you should wait to talk about it. She aired it in her blog, if she's not willing to talk to you then it's a total wash.

Physics is Phun said:
...and I just remembered that she also asked me to go to a wedding with her in the fall.

Asking someone to go to a wedding is more of a punishment in my opinion.

franznietzsche said:
I agree. Learn from my mistakes. :rolleyes:

They were my mistakes first. Well, I did steal them from someone else before me...

Physics is Phun said:
hmm, i don't know what to do...how long should I wait?
Only until you find someone who doesn't put you on the waiting list. :biggrin: In other words, if you have fun hanging out with her, go ahead and do so, but don't stop looking for others and don't pass up other offers. You're not obligated to wait at all as there's no guarantee she'll ever come around. If you find someone else in the meantime, it's her loss. For all you know, as soon as she gets over the last boyfriend, it won't be you she gets over him for. Actually, if she hasn't gotten over him in several months despite you being around, it's looking pretty dismal for you. If she was really attracted to you as more than "a friend she cares about," then she'd have already forgotten all about the last guy.

this one friend I've talked to a lot about this says give her 3 weeks before i bring anything up about it again. i guess that sounds reasonable. i dunno...
No, not reasonable at all. It's in her blog for all to see. If she can write about it to everyone, she can talk to you about it. If she's unwilling to talk about it, then there really is no point. And, yes, listen to Franz on this...he already had a similar experience.

and I just remembered that she also asked me to go to a wedding with her in the fall.

Aww...geez...you're her "safe date." When we're expected to bring a date to a wedding, we go with someone who is "just friends" because we know they'll still be around in several months. Only once you've been dating long enough to want to introduce someone to all your relatives do you drag them off to a wedding. Since you're not dating at all, you're the safe guy she's going to drag off to everything when there's nobody else to ask. Sorry, there's no gentle way to put that.

Moonbear said:
Only until you find someone who doesn't put you on the waiting list. :biggrin: In other words, if you have fun hanging out with her, go ahead and do so, but don't stop looking for others and don't pass up other offers. You're not obligated to wait at all as there's no guarantee she'll ever come around. If you find someone else in the meantime, it's her loss. For all you know, as soon as she gets over the last boyfriend, it won't be you she gets over him for. Actually, if she hasn't gotten over him in several months despite you being around, it's looking pretty dismal for you. If she was really attracted to you as more than "a friend she cares about," then she'd have already forgotten all about the last guy.

I very much agree. I don't see a clear path that would allow this situation to turn out well, and I doubt there is one. In my experience, its never good to get emotionally involved with women who are taken at the time (I made that mistake twice in a row. I'm a slow learner). Its just not going to work out, too much baggage involved.

Aww...geez...you're her "safe date." When we're expected to bring a date to a wedding, we go with someone who is "just friends" because we know they'll still be around in several months. Only once you've been dating long enough to want to introduce someone to all your relatives do you drag them off to a wedding. Since you're not dating at all, you're the safe guy she's going to drag off to everything when there's nobody else to ask. Sorry, there's no gentle way to put that.

Very, very good point. Note to self...

damnit! i still haven't talked to her on the phone. everytime I ask her on msn she says she's too busy to talk for long. and she's barely participating. We had a conversation just now where i said something and would've expected a big response but barely got anything, i asked her if she was ok, and she said 'not really, i can't talk now, i have to go'

I don't know what's going on...

well, we've both "decided" that we're going to stay friends no matter what. now realisically i know this won't happen. she thinks it will, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to handle being friends on my end of the relationship, she doesn't know that though.

Physics is Phun said:
damnit! i still haven't talked to her on the phone. everytime I ask her on msn she says she's too busy to talk for long. and she's barely participating. We had a conversation just now where i said something and would've expected a big response but barely got anything, i asked her if she was ok, and she said 'not really, i can't talk now, i have to go'

I don't know what's going on...
Yup, things went too fast, she freaked out/not interested in pursuing further. Or at least that's my interpretation. May be confirmation bias. But the way you presented it, it sounds like she's going to feel like you're hounding her about it, which will only drive her away further. Its definitely not good.

well, we've both "decided" that we're going to stay friends no matter what. now realisically i know this won't happen. she thinks it will, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to handle being friends on my end of the relationship, she doesn't know that though.

The fact that you feel that way is a further strike against this working out for you. An inability to just let go and move along is going to make things even worse.

Seriously, the more you post, the more convinced I am. I'm willing to concede I may be missing something in her mind, or simply not interpreting what you're really describing, but given that I'm not the only one with the same impressions, I think this is less likely.

My advice is to just walk away. Its the best thing you can do for your own sake, IMO. Otherwise you'll just drag things out and cause your self more and more heartache (like I did) to no benefit.

yeah, we're done... atleast for a very long time
thanks for all your help everyone. It means so much to me.
I'm out of this thread.

Last edited:
Physics is Phun said:
yeah, we're done... atleast for a very long time
thanks for all your help everyone. It means so much to me.
I'm out of this thread.
Sorry it couldn't have worked out better. If you need a shoulder to cry on...erm...um...or a wall to punch (that's more masculine, right?), just warn us to duck first. :wink:

well, this worked out bitter-sweetly.
We're together now, due to the death of one of our close friends. Last week we talked and again, decided (decided meaning she rejected me, and I said everything short of begging to try and change her mind) that we weren't going out. this has been happening for a while. she's all flirty with me, and then the next days she's all, 'i'm sorry, i shouldn't do that, it won't work out'.
But, our friend was killed in a car accident on last week, and now she's saying that our problems of being far apart don't seem to be that big of a deal anymore.
So who knows, we'll see what happens from here on out.

Last edited:
Physics is Phun said:
But, our friend was killed in a car accident on last week, and now she's saying that our problems of being far apart don't seem to be that big of a deal anymore.
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's natural for people to come together following tragedy. No telling if it'll last, but it's good you have each other to lean on through a rough time. If nothing else, it seems you two will remain good friends even if you don't really do well in a romantic relationship.

Ahhh, I came late into this thread.

Physics is Phun said:
well, this worked out bitter-sweetly.
We're together now, due to the death of one of our close friends. Last week we talked and again, decided (decided meaning she rejected me, and I said everything short of begging to try and change her mind) that we weren't going out. this has been happening for a while. she's all flirty with me, and then the next days she's all, 'i'm sorry, i shouldn't do that, it won't work out'.

... horrible man. Sorry for your loss.

Moonbear said:
Ah, teenage break-up melodrama. :rolleyes: I forgot, you're at that age where every break up is the end of the world and cause for long, long diary entries (now blog entries) expressing how traumatic it all is and how she'll never get over it, etc.
:biggrin: Ah, I remember those days...
Good times, good times. :tongue: