The Quiet Earth" & "The Far Side of the Moon": Movie Reviews

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary, these are two movies that the expert enjoyed. One is about a CIA agent who goes to Belgium to stop a terrorist attack, and the other is about a country singer who becomes a drug kingpin.
rocketboy said:
I'll have to check out Contact.
Yes, do. it's a lot better that Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Physics news on Phys.org
rocketboy said:
I just finished watching The Quiet Earth after hearing interesting things about it... man that movie is messed! I'm confused, how did the explosion at the end send him to an alternate universe or sumtin near Saturn?

Warning: spoiler!

My take was that he died again in the explosion which again left him in an alternate universe. Note that the last "event" had already begun when the truck blew up. This is how they ended up where they were in the first place - by dying during an event. And I don't think that was necessarily supposed to be Saturn. I think the point was that he was now in a universe far different from ours.

And why did the movie have to show him naked? I really didn't need to see that LMAO.

In the very beginning? He had died and was born again, but we didn't understand that until later.

Personally, I was more disturbed by a guy in a dress who throws a party for paper cut-outs. And I loved how Nixon was right next to Hitler! :rofl:

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Warning: spoiler!

My take was that he died again in the explosion which again left him in an alternate universe. Note that the last "event" had already begun when the truck blew up. This is how they ended up where they were in the first place - by dying during an event. And I don't think that was necessarily supposed to be Saturn. I think the point was that he was now in a universe far different from ours.

Oh, that makes more sense then.. thx:smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
In the very beginning? He had died and was born again, but we didn't understand that until later.

Personally, I was more disturbed by a guy in a dress who throws a party for paper cut-outs. And I loved how Nixon was right next to Hitler! :rofl:

Ya he may have died and was born again, but we don't need a full frontal haha, he could have still had the sheets on. And then again when he gets up and walks toward the bathroom, they could have done the camera shot from behind instead of the side!

LOL, I thought his paper cut-out party was awesome... hilarious.

rocketboy said:
Ya he may have died and was born again, but we don't need a full frontal haha, he could have still had the sheets on. And then again when he gets up and walks toward the bathroom, they could have done the camera shot from behind instead of the side!

It was an artsy fartsy thing. :biggrin:

When a lesser known movie starts with a scene like that it always puts me on guard, but in this case I thought it worked. He was like a naked babe lost in the woods. :rolleyes: But I'm with you; I wish they would stick with female nudity. :biggrin:

My personal favorite is Bicentennial Man. Mostly becouse o thre great story I like science fiction stuff especially Asimov. My othere favorites are :

-Kill Bill (I and II)
-Pulp Fiction
-LOTR (especially the big battels)
-Shawshank redemption
-Bridge on the river Kwai
-The Postman Always Rings Twice

i see no one has mentioned

"The Negotiator"

a great movie to watch...nothing more exciting i have seen ever!

Well my pic ...the movies i like which haven't been mentioned
Trainspotting
School of Rock
ButterFly Effect

was just watching the posts...
i think i can bet on that "Shawshank Redemption"is the movie that is favourite of many guys...