Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

More LateX woes

1. Sep 1, 2009 #1

kuruman

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Could someone who understands the complexities of this site look into my blog posting "LateX Trial - Nothing Interesting here", examine the displayed equation then click on it to display the LateX code? When I do this, the displayed equation does not match the code. Is it me? And if it is, any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2009 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It seems that you have deleted that particular blog entry.

4. Sep 1, 2009 #3

kuruman

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Thank you for your response Hootenanny. I probably deleted the entry in a moment of frustration. So the fact that I can still see it under my "Your Blog" option doesn't necessarily mean that everybody else can? If I delete an entry does this mean that it is gone but not forgotten? Is there a way that I can look at my blog and see what the rest of the world sees?

5. Sep 2, 2009 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't see it either, with no hint of it being there at all. Is there anything in your view that is different about it to let you know it has been successfully deleted, such as a color change or notation?

6. Sep 3, 2009 #5

kuruman

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I see nothing special in the view. I have appended a screen capture below. The curious thing is that the displayed equation is my last LateX creation in response to a homework help thread. The LateX equation shown has changed since I created this entry. It looks like this invisible (to you) entry shares some kind of buffer or clipboard with my other entries and automatically updates itself. A screen capture of the unseen blog is attached as UnseenBlog.jpg

I should point out that if I try to get rid of this unseen blog by using the "Physically remove" option, I am told that I cannot do it (see attachment NoRemove.jpg). I have no problem with not being able to remove my own entries, if that's how the site is set up. However, if I cannot remove said entry and it is reportedly invisible to site admins and mentors, then how on Earth can one ever get rid of the stupid thing? Curiouser, and curiouser ...

Attached Files:

7. Sep 4, 2009 #6

kuruman

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Never mind. I figured it out. It was a draft blog entry that showed up with the rest of the blog entries. That is why nobody could see it. Thank you all for your patience.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook