Movie Bloopers: Lara Croft Tomb Raider Cradle of Life

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation discusses various movie mistakes and inconsistencies in the film Lara Croft Tomb Raider Cradle of Life. The participants also share their opinions on the attractiveness of actress Angelina Jolie and discuss other movie errors in general.
Danger
Gold Member
More movie ****-ups

W gave me some DVD's last night, so I'm watching one of them right now at work. (She's gone for 2 weeks again.) It's Lara Croft Tomb Raider Cradle of Life. I've seen it before, but this slipped past me before. I'm only about 10 minutes into it, so I'm sure that a lot more will pop up.
To start with, she lost her scuba tank and cut her arm to attract a shark that she could hitch a ride on. I know that a shark can smell a drop of blood half a mile away, but smelling it, determining its origin, and getting to it with 5 seconds? I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of basic laws such as diffusion of one liquid in another and the top speed of a shark that aren't quite adhered to.
Secondly, they went into this underwater cavern on sea sleds (or whatever you call those SCUBA towing rigs) at quite a depth. Then they took off their gear. When it comes unglued, she does her thing and gets towed to the surface by the shark. Wouldn't the cavern, and thus her body, still be at the equivalent depth pressure of the water at the entrance? She would still then have to stage going up to avoid the bends, right?
Okay, that's a start. I'm going to log off and continue watching it now.

Physics news on Phys.org
Another thing:

http://www.flickscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/lara-croft-01.jpg

Those aren't real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those aren't real
They are - it's a nasty side effect of the nitrogen bubbling out of your blood as described by danger.

I'd say benefit, not side-effect.

I've never understood how sharks can "smell" from miles away? I can't think of any logical reason? Smell travels by particle and unless those particles travel a mile, I cannot see a way of the shark smelling it? Interesting thought actually! Any ideas?

Yes - the particles travel at the diffusion speed, or over longer distance the speed of the current and tides. So sharks can smell blood that has drifted from an animal several miles away. The point is that they are very sensitve to very low concentrations.

Ah right! But there will be some time delay. Thanks for the information!

mgb_phys said:
They are - it's a nasty side effect of the nitrogen bubbling out of your blood as described by danger.
Ahahahhahahaha:rofl::rofl:

Poop-Loops said:
Another thing:

http://www.flickscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/lara-croft-01.jpg

Those aren't real.

and you know this how ?

addendum : she is soooo incredibly HOT, aiaiaiaii MAMITTAAA

Last edited by a moderator:
Well danger, maybe they have a hyperbaric chamber abord the boat they left?
Marlon, your answer would the "the Internet".

binzing said:
Marlon, your answer would the "the Internet".
yeah, that means worthless

Exactly, so no one knows except JLo, Brad Pitt, and the family plastic surgeon.

Last edited:
binzing said:
Exactly, so no one knows except JLo, Bradd Pitt, and the family plastic surgeon.

Hey dude, don't be so sarcastic. She just might be that beautiful

Hey dude, I wasn't. Almost all the major stars of LA have their own personal plastic surgeon, much like a personal lawyer or physician. Personally, I don't find her all that attractive.

binzing said:
Hey dude, I wasn't. Almost all the major stars of LA have their own personal plastic surgeon, much like a personal lawyer or physician. Personally, I don't find her all that attractive.

I don't care about your opinion on her. All i am saying is that you should not make shallow statements based upon childish generalisations !

marlon

binzing said:

for you : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pZJ3UOAXUAM

marlon

binzing said:
Well danger, maybe they have a hyperbaric chamber abord the boat they left?

Good thinking, but the boat was gone. She ended up on a chunk of flotsam (or jetsam? I always get those mixed up) and then had her personal Royal Navy submarine surface directly under her. Nice to be rich.

As for them being 'real', I can't say. Since I've seen her naked in a couple of other movies and they were smaller, I assume some padding in the suit and maybe a Photoshop job for the posters.
Anyhow, I'm more than half-way through now (I take a break now and then to play Ma-jong because my chair gets uncomfortable). It's become so stupid that I'm not even going to bother bringing up any other goofs. Love it, though! Can't wait to get to Blade and Reddick (the other 2 that W gave me).
Anyhow, the purpose of this thread is not directly related to this movie. Just looking for input about stupid stuff that you see. There's a good site devoted to it (Intuitor Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics), but it seems to be lacking in content.
Feel free to post whatever bugs you.

That's a good clip, Marlon, but she's dressed better in 'Swordfish' and 'Monster Ball'.

Yeah, I don't think I will go see that as its seems completely retarded with all the historical inaccuracies. Like huge Mesopotamian style buildings in 10,000 BC? Come on people.

Danger, I was just thinking that the boat may have been goen, but couldn't really figure a way to phrase it in.

Maybe the suit is so tight she still feels like she's at 1,000ft

Greg Bernhardt said:
The whole 10,000BC was a movie **** up

Didn't Raquel Welch have that scantilly clad thing going off showing off her ample jubblies in 1,000,000BC (think the poster in Shawshank Redemption) to take peoples minds off the annoying detail that humans didn't evolve until about 300,000 BC. Please tell me they haven't removed the scantily clad "cavewoman" thing from 10,000BC.

Greg Bernhardt said:
The whole 10,000BC was a movie **** up

I loved the headline for the review in the Calgary Herald: "Yabba-Dabba-Dumb"

Angelina Jolie is ugly.

Darkiekurdo said:
Angelina Jolie is ugly.

Is it impossible to find some definition of beautiful that isn't subjective? You can say Angelina Jolie isn't your cup of tea, but ugly? You don't really mean that do you?

I think anyone that has had enough cosmetic surgery to feature on a discovery channel 'megastructures' program can definitely be considered ugly.

Who did those lips - a shipyard?

Last edited:
They're real, take my word for it. Shh, here comes my wife and she's wearing a 'Cut it off, Silda' button.

marlon said:
and you know this how ?

Check some movies with her before she became famous.

PROTIP: She has a nude scene in one of them.

mgb_phys said:
I think anyone that has had enough cosmetic surgery to feature on a discovery channel 'megastructures' program can definitely be considered ugly.

Who did those lips - a shipyard?

They are actually real, I know freakilly large but if you look at old photos she's always had big lips.

tribdog said:
Is it impossible to find some definition of beautiful that isn't subjective? You can say Angelina Jolie isn't your cup of tea, but ugly? You don't really mean that do you?
I do mean it. I think she is ugly.

Yeah I agree, she is (to me) rather unattractive.

If somehow we blindingly accepted that no surgery has been done on her, I'm sure 99% of men would disagree with you two lol.

1. What are movie bloopers?

Movie bloopers are mistakes or errors that occur during the filming of a movie. They can include actors forgetting their lines, props breaking, or technical errors such as boom mics in the shot.

2. Are bloopers intentional or accidental?

Bloopers can be either intentional or accidental. Some filmmakers purposely include bloopers as a way to add humor to the movie, while others are genuine mistakes that were not caught during filming.

3. How are bloopers discovered and included in the final movie?

Bloopers are typically discovered during the editing process of a movie. The director and editors will review all of the footage and select which bloopers to include in the final cut. They may also consult with the actors and crew to determine which bloopers are the funniest or most appropriate to include.

4. Are bloopers common in action movies like "Lara Croft Tomb Raider Cradle of Life"?

Yes, bloopers can occur in any type of movie, including action movies like "Lara Croft Tomb Raider Cradle of Life". The fast-paced and physically demanding nature of action scenes can sometimes lead to mistakes or mishaps that result in bloopers.

5. Can bloopers affect the overall quality of a movie?

Bloopers do not typically affect the overall quality of a movie. In fact, many viewers enjoy watching bloopers as they can add a sense of authenticity and behind-the-scenes insight to the film. However, if bloopers are excessive or distract from the story, they may have a negative impact on the movie.