1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

More Trig Graph included

1. May 22, 2005 #1
    Last edited: May 23, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

No, it doesn't have anything to do with a circle, it has to do with the area of a rectangle. Could please give us the entire problem. There are an infinite number of rectangles that could be positioned as you show it.
  4. May 22, 2005 #3
    What level math are you in?
    That picture wouldnt hurt.
  5. May 22, 2005 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Not a lot. First you ask for the "equasion of the shaded box". A box does not have "an equation". You might want the four inequalities that are satisfied by points in the box or you might want the area of the box. I don't know what you original problem asked for- "the equation of the shaded box" just doesn't mean anything! One problem I think you could answer is "what is the area of the largest box of this form".
  6. May 22, 2005 #5
    What restrictions give the length of each side of the rectangle?
    The base goes from -x to x, whos length is (2x). What function gives the height of the sides of the rectangle for [itex] x = x_i [/tex]
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?