Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

More Weird eBay Auctions: Snow for Sale!

1. Jan 5, 2005 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2005 #2
    Wait a second! That is no ordinary snow, that is snow from Texas. Snow from Texas is a collectors item.

4. Jan 5, 2005 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wow, some people really get excited about snow. Did you notice the retracted bids? I guess they bid, then checked their bank account balance. :rofl:

5. Jan 5, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you think they can return it when it arrives defective, as just a puddle of water?

6. Jan 5, 2005 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The payment instructions say "Sale is final". It also says insurance is not available. Hopefully, he's shipping this overnight mail - 6 to 8 weeks for delivery probably wouldn't be very effective.

Of course, at a minimum, the buyer will get an ice chest. :approve:

7. Jan 5, 2005 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay,so I put in my bid...but I don't know if I'm getting ripped off. No one else seems to be selling this. :grumpy:

8. Jan 5, 2005 #7
    I like the recent trend of people auctioning off pictures of things. They'll put up a picture of a nintendo system with games and say "Bid on this picture of a BRAND NEW NINTENDO DS with 10 GAMES!" and some poor chap will buy it for $150

9. Jan 5, 2005 #8
    The Cheese sandwich of the virgin mary was funnier.

10. Jan 5, 2005 #9
  11. Jan 6, 2005 #10

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Dammit, they stole my idea! I was going to make a tiny little snowman, keep it in the freezer and sell it on ebay in the name of charity sometime in summer

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?