More Weird eBay Auctions: Snow for Sale

• Thread starter comedyman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weird
In summary, on eBay there is a crazy auction for snow from Texas which has already reached $55 with 3 days left. Some people have retracted their bids, possibly realizing they can't afford it. The seller does not offer insurance and the payment is final. The trend of auctioning off pictures of items is also mentioned, such as a picture of a Nintendo DS with games. One person had the idea to sell a tiny snowman on eBay for charity, but it seems someone else has already done it.
comedyman
Here's another crazy eBay auction, this time they are auctioning snow. SNOW!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=208&item=3949905269&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It's up to $55 with 3 days left! It just snowed this morning, better grab a handful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Wait a second! That is no ordinary snow, that is snow from Texas. Snow from Texas is a collectors item.

Wow, some people really get excited about snow. Did you notice the retracted bids? I guess they bid, then checked their bank account balance. :rofl:

Do you think they can return it when it arrives defective, as just a puddle of water?

The payment instructions say "Sale is final". It also says insurance is not available. Hopefully, he's shipping this overnight mail - 6 to 8 weeks for delivery probably wouldn't be very effective.

Of course, at a minimum, the buyer will get an ice chest. :approve:

Okay,so I put in my bid...but I don't know if I'm getting ripped off. No one else seems to be selling this. :grumpy:

I like the recent trend of people auctioning off pictures of things. They'll put up a picture of a nintendo system with games and say "Bid on this picture of a BRAND NEW NINTENDO DS with 10 GAMES!" and some poor chap will buy it for $150

The Cheese sandwich of the virgin mary was funnier.

here's what i was talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=187&item=8151915701&rd=1 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, they stole my idea! I was going to make a tiny little snowman, keep it in the freezer and sell it on ebay in the name of charity sometime in summer

1. What is "More Weird eBay Auctions: Snow for Sale"?

"More Weird eBay Auctions: Snow for Sale" is a book that showcases some of the most bizarre and unusual items that have been sold on eBay, including listings for actual snow for sale.

2. Are the snow listings on eBay real?

While some listings for snow on eBay may be legitimate, many are likely to be scams or jokes. It is important to carefully research the seller and the product before making a purchase.

3. Why would someone want to buy snow on eBay?

Some people may buy snow on eBay for fun or novelty purposes, while others may be looking for a unique gift or souvenir. Some buyers may also be interested in using the snow for scientific experiments or art projects.

4. Is buying snow on eBay safe?

As with any online purchase, there is always a risk of fraud or receiving a product that is not as described. It is important to thoroughly research the seller and read reviews before making a purchase. Additionally, be cautious of buying perishable items like snow on eBay, as they may not arrive in good condition.

5. Can I sell snow on eBay?

Yes, you can sell snow on eBay. However, it is important to follow eBay's policies and guidelines for selling perishable items and to accurately describe the product and its condition. It is also important to consider the logistics of shipping and preserving the snow before listing it for sale.