Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

More Weird eBay Auctions: Snow for Sale!

1. Jan 5, 2005 #1
    Here's another crazy eBay auction, this time they are auctioning snow. SNOW!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=208&item=3949905269&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW [Broken]

It's up to $55 with 3 days left! It just snowed this morning, better grab a handful.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2005 #2
    Wait a second! That is no ordinary snow, that is snow from Texas. Snow from Texas is a collectors item.

4. Jan 5, 2005 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wow, some people really get excited about snow. Did you notice the retracted bids? I guess they bid, then checked their bank account balance. :rofl:

5. Jan 5, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you think they can return it when it arrives defective, as just a puddle of water?

6. Jan 5, 2005 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The payment instructions say "Sale is final". It also says insurance is not available. Hopefully, he's shipping this overnight mail - 6 to 8 weeks for delivery probably wouldn't be very effective.

Of course, at a minimum, the buyer will get an ice chest. :approve:

7. Jan 5, 2005 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay,so I put in my bid...but I don't know if I'm getting ripped off. No one else seems to be selling this. :grumpy:

8. Jan 5, 2005 #7
    I like the recent trend of people auctioning off pictures of things. They'll put up a picture of a nintendo system with games and say "Bid on this picture of a BRAND NEW NINTENDO DS with 10 GAMES!" and some poor chap will buy it for $150

9. Jan 5, 2005 #8
    The Cheese sandwich of the virgin mary was funnier.

10. Jan 5, 2005 #9
    here's what i was talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=187&item=8151915701&rd=1 [Broken] lol

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  11. Jan 6, 2005 #10

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Dammit, they stole my idea! I was going to make a tiny little snowman, keep it in the freezer and sell it on ebay in the name of charity sometime in summer

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook