Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Moscow Subway bombings kill 35+ civilians

1. Mar 29, 2010 #1

I sincerely home the Chechen rebels get crushed with the full might of mother Russia. Religion of peace and prosperity my @@@.

RIP to the fallen civilians in this horrible attack by soulless animals.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2010 #2
    I liked the way both Putin and Dmitry said "We will find and destroy them all." I don't know if it is the translation or they just said that way: very direct, clear, blunt and strong response.

4. Mar 29, 2010 #3
    Lol, love how you continue the soulless animal less than human tidbit. :rofl:

But yeah I just saw this on the news. Actually it's still on as I'm typing this, they are showing armed military and police forces in American subways as a precaution pressumably.

It's always sad when these events happen but I highly doubt in my lifetime they will come to an end.

One sad thing about these events is that those of us who just live their peaceful lives at home don't actually register what's going on at all. We see normally censored images on the News and read about x amount of deaths. I've changed this perspective after seeing leaked images of various events that were editted when they went on the News. It made these types of situations much more tragic IMO.

For instance in this case 35+ civilians dead in Moscow subway bombing. You see images on the news of the wreckage and some armed guards walking around. You think 'oh my god that's so sad...' next up on the TV is a Doritos commercial, maybe you're still thinking about those horrible terrorist and how sad the event is but it's not TRULY registering that those individual people are truly dead from that explosion.

I agree with you though that I hope KARMA comes full circle a butt rapes these rebels, each one, 1000x more viciously than the attrocities they've committed.

5. Mar 29, 2010 #4
    How about Russian atrocities in Chechnya? :biggrin:

6. Mar 29, 2010 #5
    Russia needs to let Chechnya go so they can control the border better. Right now Chechnya terrorists have free rein in the country.

7. Mar 29, 2010 #6
    Right, because 'mother Russia' has historically been nice to its boarder nations (and it's own citizens, for that matter) :rolleyes:. Google: Gulag.

8. Mar 29, 2010 #7

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Alternatively they could just invade some random 3rd country that has oil.

9. Mar 29, 2010 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm cool with that. They should be crushed like (yummy) Doritos.

10. Mar 29, 2010 #9
    Well, one group is going to get butt raped pretty hardcore with a good dose of KARMA. :wink: as of right now I think it shuold be the rebels that recieve this dosage of karma rape. We'll have to see how Russia responds now won't we?

11. Mar 29, 2010 #10
    Because this is still Soviet Russia we are talking about here. /sigh.

12. Mar 29, 2010 #11

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes, a lot of Chechen women and children. Unless of course we supply the Russians with some of those smart bombs that only hit committed terrorists, use whatever depleted uranium isotope only poisons soldiers, and mount the first effective humanitarian aid program during a war.

13. Mar 29, 2010 #12
    Let's make thoughtful posts, mkay? Thanks, champ. :wink:

14. Mar 29, 2010 #13
    How does something that a corrupt government did have anything to do with a terror attack on innocent civilians? Keep the thread on topic.

Right after the second blast, the main thought was that it was an AQ operation because most of the AQ suicide bombings are multiple attacks, and the Chechens have mostly been single attacks.

A sad day indeed.

Edit:

From some Russians I have heard that the trains were up and running within 2 hours. Good way to show that a terrorist attack will not throw them into a frenzy.

15. Mar 29, 2010 #14
    The point is that, the Russians have not been nice to the Chechens. Stop being myopic with your 'mother Russia' will teach them a lesson rhetoric: it's nonsense.

16. Mar 30, 2010 #15
    And the Chechens haven't been nice to the Russians. The thing is, is that the Chechens are a rebel force, and subsequently are not fighting as a standing army. If the two were to leave each other alone, we wouldn't have a problem (obviously) But as of lately, every time things start to cool down a fraction of a degree, the Chechens start it up again.

17. Mar 30, 2010 #16
    It's a real tough spot because the Chechens and southern Russian territories are pretty much blacklisted from the rest of Russia. They have extreme difficulty in finding jobs and getting decent education. However if the Chechens are given independence I would it wouldn't stop the attacks as they will always seek revenge.

18. Mar 30, 2010 #17
    Yes, because life is that simple.

19. Mar 30, 2010 #18

cronxeh

Gold Member

The retaliation will be epic.

20. Mar 30, 2010 #19
    Are you saying that Russians deserved to be killed? Do you apply the same "moral standards" to the victims of 9/11 attacks and terrorist bombings in Israel, Britain, Spain,..?

21. Mar 30, 2010 #20
    I never said anything of the sort: I would appreciate it if you do not put words into my mouth.

If there is something about my posts you do not understand, simply ask.

22. Mar 30, 2010 #21
    This was not the deadliest terrorist attack in Russia's modern history. 170 people were killed in a Moscow theater in 2002. There were 334 victims of the Beslan school siege in 2004. So, I don't think that this time the response will take some epic proportions.

23. Mar 30, 2010 #22
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  24. Mar 30, 2010 #23
    Actually, Chechens enjoyed de facto independence from Russia in 1997-1999. During that time they attacked neighbouring Dagestan and started an apartment bombing campaign throughout Russia. This was put to an end by the 2nd Chechen war. However terrible yesterday's bombings are, the overall situation in the Caucasus is much better now than it was 10 years ago.

25. Mar 30, 2010 #24
    This is an interesting read (I have only skimmed through the intro). I do not know the quality of Amnesty International as an organizations, only that I found it online.

Taken from the introduction:

Perhaps, others should discontinue the cartoon statements about this incident and look into it with objectivity and seriousness.

Refrences
    [1] http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/EUR46/012/2009/en/66cda198-85c0-452c-a2c5-98cac593a990/eur460122009en.pdfl [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  26. Mar 30, 2010 #25
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook