Locate and Eliminate Mosquitoes with Mosquito Radar

• B
  • Thread starter fanieh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Radar
In summary: Mosquitoes are pretty smart by the way.The young innocent ones are easy to slap at and get a hit.Older crusty ones, with experience under their belt, can sense when you move your hand to get at them and will abort the attack, only to come back later.
fanieh
I have difficulty finding the mosquitoes in my room so my electric swapper can't hit them.. is there any device that can find their exact location maybe some kind of mini radar.. what sensitivity before such radar can locate mosquitoes? Mosquitoes disturb my sleep at night.

Physics news on Phys.org
fanieh said:
I have difficulty finding the mosquitoes in my room so my electric swapper can't hit them.. is there any device that can find their exact location maybe some kind of mini radar.. what sensitivity before such radar can locate mosquitoes? Mosquitoes disturb my sleep at night.

they disturb lot's of peoples sleep
that's why there are both battery operated and plug into mains outlet operated units to repel them Dave

davenn said:
they disturb lot's of peoples sleep
that's why there are both battery operated and plug into mains outlet operated units to repel themDave

What device battery operated and can repel them?

Radar doesn't have the angular resolution to precisely locate them even if it did have the sensitivity. At the size scale in question it would have to be optical. At the speed they move and change direction it would have to be fast. Sounds like a job for high resolution short range flash LIDAR. No, too exotic. Some sort of acoustic triangulation probably? Yeah, that's the ticket. Cheap, simple equipment and a little computational horsepower. Listen for the buzz with multiple microphones and correlate to determine 3D location. (You'd have to know a lot about the acoustics of the room, too). Then when you have it located cue the sharks in the wall aquarium to fire their lasers at the target. Perfect!

Likes anorlunda
Senty gun using a camera for target tracking would be cool.

Many videos of DIY set-ups on youtube. Maybe you could adapt one of those designs to target mosquitos with a laser or something. Probably need a lot of careful fine tuning to prevent it from targeting you though.

So the solution to mosquitos being annoying is to flash a bunch of lights in the bedroom? Holy disco, Batman!

Likes davenn
Infrared so it doesn't disturb your sleep (unless a mosquito lands on your cheek and the lasers cauterize a mole you didn't know you had)

mike.Albert99 said:
Infrared so it doesn't disturb your sleep (unless a mosquito lands on your cheek and the lasers cauterize a mole you didn't know you had)

or give you a severe tan :rolleyes:

Vanadium 50 said:
So the solution to mosquitos being annoying is to flash a bunch of lights in the bedroom? Holy disco, Batman!
Nano drones dogfighting the mosquitos!

Likes Cutter Ketch
A.T. said:
Nano drones dogfighting the mosquitos!
Use gravity... Find them based on their gravitational wave signature and destroy them with focused gravitational waves.

fanieh said:
Mosquitoes disturb my sleep at night.
A ceiling fan above your bed will disrupt the mosquito's flight and the rushing turbulent air around you will block out its whine.

Likes Tom.G
A mosquito net over your bed will work. Mosquito laser target tracking is overengineering.

Khashishi said:
A mosquito net over your bed will work. Mosquito laser target tracking is overengineering.
Does half the job. Won't block out the sound.

Few things match the bang-for-your-buck of a barely audible mosquito buzz preventing you from getting a wink of sleep.

The OP clearly wants to go on the offense here, so using repellents won't satisfy those primitive urges. If it's bugging you that badly, use a bowl of fresh cows blood to lure them out of hiding and zap away!

Mosquitoes are pretty smart by the way.
The young innocent ones are easy to slap at and get a hit.
Older crusty ones, with experience under their belt, can sense when you move your hand to get at them and will abort the attack, only to come back later.

256bits said:
Mosquitoes are pretty smart by the way.
The young innocent ones are easy to slap at and get a hit.
Older crusty ones, with experience under their belt, can sense when you move your hand to get at them and will abort the attack, only to come back later.

I would say gender also determines agility in this case. Female mosquitoes probably get murdered by human hands more frequently. Males have more flagella that give them much more finely-tuned hearing. Females require nutrition from blood in order to reproduce (they do the biting). Even if the male is hounding her while she is trying to bite you, better hearing is an advantage that enables him to respond more quickly to motion and noise. The ones that escape sooner are probably male. The ones throwing up a ruckus and don't seem interested in biting are probably male though. They throw in an additional begging-for-sex whine into their buzzing.

1. How does Mosquito Radar work?

Mosquito Radar uses advanced radar technology to detect and track mosquitoes in a specific area. The radar sends out electromagnetic waves that bounce off of the mosquitoes and create a map of their location. This information is then used to pinpoint the exact location of the mosquitoes and eliminate them using targeted treatments.

2. Is Mosquito Radar safe for humans and the environment?

Yes, Mosquito Radar is completely safe for humans and the environment. The radar technology used is non-invasive and does not harm any living beings. The targeted treatments used to eliminate mosquitoes are also safe and environmentally friendly.

3. How accurate is Mosquito Radar in detecting and eliminating mosquitoes?

Mosquito Radar is extremely accurate in detecting and eliminating mosquitoes. The radar technology is able to detect even small populations of mosquitoes and the targeted treatments are highly effective in eliminating them. This makes Mosquito Radar a highly reliable tool for mosquito control.

4. Can Mosquito Radar be used for large areas?

Yes, Mosquito Radar can be used for both small and large areas. The radar technology is able to cover a wide range and can detect and eliminate mosquitoes in large outdoor spaces, such as parks and neighborhoods. This makes it a versatile tool for mosquito control in various settings.

5. How often should Mosquito Radar be used for maximum effectiveness?

The frequency of using Mosquito Radar depends on the severity of the mosquito problem in a specific area. In areas with high mosquito populations, it is recommended to use Mosquito Radar on a regular basis, such as once a week. In areas with lower mosquito populations, it can be used less frequently, such as once a month. Regular use will ensure maximum effectiveness in keeping mosquito populations under control.