Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Most idiot filled thread ever?

1. Aug 20, 2005 #1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2005 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Oh wow, thanks for that laugh. "I believe it was Einstein that said if you travel at light-speed you can be your own grandfather. Therefore light-speed is impossible." "Not that the moon's a planet, but it has no gravity." Then there's this gem:

"Yo, i think going the speed of light is possible, but it may be easier to complete in space. Where their is no stress. has anyone though about how much radiation is in space?"

What on earth does that even mean? Is he trying to say that the only reason we can't travel at light-speed is air resistance, but it can be done in space?

4. Aug 20, 2005 #3
    It just shows how tons of people have a complete lack of logical thinking. I remember a thread about a hoverboard....
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread134016/pg1

here's the link, its funny because he says
    wow, just wow

5. Aug 20, 2005 #4

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It's not like despicable use of logic is made by its participants; they just state absurd things... but they sure are incredibly funny to read. Makes you wonder if all this scientific vulgarisation is a good thing or not though.

I particularly like

Poor bastard. :tongue2:

6. Aug 20, 2005 #5

quasar987

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Phew... I have finally stopped laughing at this, and can now type this message. Oh no, it'S starting again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. Aug 20, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

beautiful.

The 4th post was actually going rather well for the first few words. Then they remembered to be idiots.

Fighter Master's post was going well until the lack of typing stopped and then he started talking.

oops...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  8. Aug 20, 2005 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

And another gem

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and look at the motto of the site at the top left!!! "Deny Ignorance"

I guess the makers of the site need to re-focus their efforts on exactly who they attract to their forums.

9. Aug 20, 2005 #8

cronxeh

Gold Member

I loved the years of my stupidity.. ahh the good old HS Physics class

F=ma

E=mc^2

cronxeh: "Well, naturally, m=F/a, E=(Fc^2)/a.. where is my Nobel prize?!"

10. Aug 20, 2005 #9
    "This artical got me to thinking theres labs that have clamed to have goton light to go 300 TIMES faster then normal and at a normal 186,000mph (apx) that comes out to a woppion 55.800.000 yes thats a trip to mars in under an hour . "

I guess light slowed down quite a bit :rofl:

11. Aug 20, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl:

let's look at how stupid this is. schmidt1989, i am assuming was born in 1989. meaning that he is half-way through high school. I was bor in 1992. I am in 8th grade. schmidt thinks that travleing at the speed of light will make you become your grandfather. I understand the *real* concepts of relativity, and the *real* grandfather paradox. this puts schmidt at a:
    6th grade level.

12. Aug 20, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

OMG!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This sounds like something out of a JayWalking episode on the Tonight Show. :rofl:

:rofl: Someone should stop them before they hurt themselves, but I can't stop laughing long enough.

13. Aug 20, 2005 #12
    Sorry thats just absolutely hilarious.

14. Aug 20, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sadly, I was about to ask what ages anyone thought these people were. These sound like those "History according to 4th graders" type jokes teachers pass around with the really awful answers given on tests. Even their writing style seems like an elementary school level.

15. Aug 20, 2005 #14
    "I don't remember the actual amount of time lost at the speed of light but for some reason this figure sticks in my mind: For every year traveling at the speed of light, 40 years are lost. "

"Traveling at the speed of light without manipulating gravity is impossible."

"oh ok i see. would it be easier to distort gravity on a planet with gravity, like earth, or one without, like the moon...not that its a planet but it doesnt have any gravity. "

I wonder why they think that earth has gravity, but moon somehow doesnt????

and

I was born in 1989.....
    I am really really tempted to post a link to timecube on there and see how many people believe in it.

16. Aug 20, 2005 #15

JamesU

Gold Member

oh, I'm gonna die laughing! :rofl:

can anyone get schmidt's email? I really want to speak to this guy! :rofl: :rofl:

17. Aug 20, 2005 #16

cronxeh

Gold Member

Well yomamma its nice of you to connect with your old crowd [SIC!]

But you know, you immigrated to PF long time ago now.. perhaps you should move on :biggrin:

18. Aug 20, 2005 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

roflmao. I wonder how they would be able to explain the moon landings!!

19. Aug 20, 2005 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread158758/pg1

Oh god, abortion shoudl be legal and these people should have been aborted a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

Yah I remember watching those Apollo SHUTTLE missions all the time.

Yah, everyone remember that satellite zimbabwe launched last week?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  20. Aug 20, 2005 #19

[​IMG]

21. Aug 20, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

it says in his profile that 'he hearts astronamy'. I wonder how much time he spent researching instead of looking at pictures of planets

his sig was also wrongly quoted from carl sagan's 'contact'

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?