Most Likes Page: @mfb Approaching 5000 Likes on Physics Forums

• Thread starter Charles Link
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the "likes" page on the Physics Forums and specifically mentioned @mfb's approaching milestone of 5000 "likes". Some users expressed interest in watching the top 20 members on the page who have put in a lot of time and effort on the site. Others joked about the unfair advantage of being a cute puppy dog and how it may affect the number of "likes" received. The conversation also touched on the importance of the "likes" statistic and how it can be an indicator of the effort put into solving complex questions. Some users also shared their thoughts on a song referenced in the conversation. In summary, the conversation was a mix of congratulations, humor, and appreciation for the "likes" page
berkeman said:
Thanks guys. BTW, I half expected some of the other Mentors to prank me by going back and deleting a few of my earliest posts each day just to keep my post number flat for a couple of weeks. Shhh, don't nobody tell them I mentioned that... :smile:
Nah, deleting posts is too much work... What's all this talk about having > 50,000 posts?
berke.png

Likes Borg, mfb, WWGD and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
:woot:

On the "Most Likes" page, I see that @Drakkith and @phinds are once again right next to each other as they make their way to 3000 "likes" which is labeled as "Hello Mr. President" in the Physics Forums Trophy Awards. Congratulations and thank you to them and all those who have reached or are about to reach this mark. :)

That trophy will be given out quite often in the near future. @jim hardy and @davenn have 2950+ already, and @vanhees71 and @Orodruin have more than 2900 as well. The latter will probably be the first to get more than 1000 trophy points with the additional 60.

Likes Charles Link
Charles Link said:
3000 "likes" which is labeled as "Hello Mr. President" in the Physics Forums Trophy Awards
Hmm. Maybe we need to re-name that award? :rolleyes:

Likes dlgoff and 1oldman2
mfb said:
The latter will probably be the first to get more than 1000 trophy points with the additional 60.
Unless you decide to retire first ... :-p

Charles Link said:
3000 "likes" which is labeled as "Hello Mr. President" in the Physics Forums Trophy Awards.

berkeman said:
Hmm. Maybe we need to re-name that award? :rolleyes:

just refer to me as "da Prez" will do :-p:biggrin:

Likes Comeback City and Charles Link
davenn said:
just refer to me as "da Prez" will do :-p:biggrin:
Congrats Prez.

Likes Charles Link and davenn
phinds said:
Congrats Prez.

thanks mate :smile:

#10 - we have to extend the President’s suite area.

Likes Charles Link and davenn
mfb said:
#10 - we have to extend the President’s suite area.
It looks like it will soon have 4 more members. Maybe they should put in some tennis courts or a swimming pool.

The tennis court and the swimming pool area will need extensions as well, but that is an independent issue. Maybe we can sacrifice one hole of the golf court.

Likes Charles Link
mfb said:
The latter will probably be the first to get more than 1000 trophy points with the additional 60.
Orodruin said:
Unless you decide to retire first ... :-p
Clearly you did not manage to retire fast enough ... :rolleyes:

Now where is the President’s Lounge?

Likes davenn and Charles Link
Congratulations!
Orodruin said:
Now where is the President’s Lounge?
As discussed earlier, it is currently full.

mfb said:
As discussed earlier, it is currently full.
I would say you’ve had plenty of time to covfefe

Likes Charles Link
Orodruin said:
I would say you’ve had plenty of time to covfefe
LOL. I had to google that one. I hadn't tuned into the TV when President Trump invented that word. :) And congratulations to you @Orodruin !

Last edited:
Aw man. I am just off the bottom of the Most Posts page. 900 posts shy of Astronuc.

Likes Charles Link
DaveC426913 said:
Aw man. I am just off the bottom of the Most Posts page. 900 posts shy of Astronuc.
Post away to your heart's delight! :rolleyes:

DaveC426913 said:
You might consider posting
one
word
per

Likes ISamson and Drakkith
Congratulations @vanhees71 ! You made it to the President's lounge (3000 "likes"). I've got a long way to go, but I'm hoping to join you there in about 6 or 7 years. :)

Thanks! I'm honored. I hope at the president's lounge there's no Trump to call everything I post "fake news" ;-)).

Likes Charles Link
vanhees71 said:
Thanks! I'm honored. I hope at the president's lounge there's no Trump to call everything I post "fake news" ;-)).
I wouldn't take it personally. All science is fake news for this administration.

Let's stay away from politics here.

@phinds and @Drakkith, who were in a race at 2500 likes already, are still close together, they have more than 2950 now.

Likes Charles Link, Orodruin and Borg
Congratulations to @phinds and @Drakkith who should both be in the President's lounge with 3000 "likes" very shortly. phinds presently has 2999 "likes", and Drakkith has 2994, so it looks like they might arrive there on the same day. :)

Charles Link said:
Congratulations to @phinds and @Drakkith who should both be in the President's lounge with 3000 "likes" very shortly. phinds presently has 2999 "likes", and Drakkith has 2994, so it looks like they might arrive there on the same day. :)
Sheesh! And I try SO hard not to associate w/ the Texan :biggrin:

Likes Charles Link
Thanks @Charles Link, you put me over ahead of the Texan :smile:

He's always a day late and a dollar short :oldlaugh:

Likes Charles Link
phinds said:
Sheesh! And I try SO hard not to associate w/ the Texan :biggrin:

phinds said:
Thanks @Charles Link, you put me over ahead of the Texan :smile:

He's always a day late and a dollar short :oldlaugh:

Blame my school. They're taking my dollar and my days.

Likes Charles Link
Drakkith said:
Blame my school. They're taking my dollar and my days.
@Drakkith With 5 more quick "likes", you'll be in there with @phinds , which will hardly be a day late. :)

Charles Link said:
@Drakkith With 5 more quick "likes", you'll be in there with @phinds , which will hardly be a day late. :)

It doesn't matter. You give Phinds an inch, he takes a light-year. :-p

Likes mfb, phinds and Charles Link
Well, @Drakkith I found a few of your posts that I could genuinely like and I kicked you over the finish line. It was hard, 'cause you're really not all that likeable. :-p

I on the other hand am a cute, adorable, puppy dog.

Likes DaveC426913
Congratulations!

Now you both have 3001.
That's the end of the series for a while, we next two are at 2770.

Likes Drakkith
phinds said:
Well, @Drakkith I found a few of your posts that I could genuinely like and I kicked you over the finish line. It was hard, 'cause you're really not all that likeable. :-p

I on the other hand am a cute, adorable, puppy dog.

I won't argue with that.

Likes phinds
Numerology: I hit 13,000 posts and 3,000 likes on the same day. The difference is 10,000. It's space aliens I tell you !

Likes Evo and Charles Link
phinds said:
Numerology: I hit 13,000 posts and 3,000 likes on the same day. The difference is 10,000. It's space aliens I tell you !
One more post and @Drakkith is at 19,000. At least it isn't Friday the 13th. :)

Charles Link said:
One more post and @Drakkith is at 19,000. At least it isn't Friday the 13th. :)

It doesn't need to be Friday the 13th to be afraid of that slobbering beast that haunts this forum...

Likes Evo