Most nonsensical question?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I was trying to come up with a good example today of a question that would make absolutely no sense to ask. So I pose the question to you all: What is the most nonsensical/terribly illogical question you can come up with or find?

Things Like:
Would a black hole be crunchy if I took a bite out of it?
Would I get better french fries If I used the square root of potato instead?

Answers and Replies

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Who created the universe?

meBigGuy
Gold Member
Great cartoon!

What's the difference between an apple?

My favorite question is Steven Wright's
What would chairs look like if our knees bent the other way?

But some classical nonsense ones are:
Which is heavier, red or yellow?
Which is happier, a fork or a spoon?
Two people are walking to the store. Which one got there first?
What do feet eat for breakfast?

I thought this would be good for some laughs :D

"Who created the universe?" is an interesting one though (also quite funny). It's a perfectly valid question that initially makes sense, but that implies the existence of something both before the universe and outside of the universe.

Does God love me?

That's a pretty silly one.

Try this...
The famous rhetorical quetion, "And the French can only count to four?" is not to be understood as a statement about the French. It's specifically a statement about penguin skinning techniques of the natives of Tierra del Fuego, and generally a statement about reverse engineering. Both of which lead to an implied meta-statement about historical revisionism.

The first reverse engineer was, as we all know, the celebrated Tierra del Fuegan, Ooorge. Ooorge was the first human to set himself the task of reversing the act of fire-making. Instead of making fire he decided to unlock the secret of putting fires out. Before Ooorge everyone in Tierra del Fuego was preoccupied with starting fires with the result that the whole southern tip of South America was on fire. Hence the name, "Tierra del Fuego", which means, "Kangaroo".

Ooorge soon determined that neither water nor dirt burned very well. That being the case, he undertook the obvious course, which was to heap baskets full of mud onto statues of the Fire God, Hottssooo, to quench his fiery spirit. Soon the fires of Tierra del Fuego were nearly all put out, and Ooorge was stoned to death by his fellows. His story lives on in Tierra del Fuegan history as that of, "The Idiot Who Brought Near-Antarctic Freezing Cold Back to Kangaroo".

Why is it so many innovators are not appreciated by penguin skinners?