Most re-watched movies, and why.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
LA Confidential and Heat are two movies I've watched an awful lot over the last decade or so; one, because they're on all the time, and two, because they're great movies that just don't get old.

Memento and Donnie Darko have to be watched multiple times to be fully appreciated and understood. Mulholland Drive probably falls into this category, too, though I've only seen it twice.

I've probably seen all of the original Star Wars movies and Animal House about 800 times each. The Wizard of Oz, ET, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind were movies I watched endlessly when I was a child. In these cases, well, I'd almost argue the movies are even more enjoyable when you already know what's going to happen. It's like biting into the chocolate center of a tootsie pop.

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
A couple of comedies I still love and like to watch time and again, is "Time Bandits" and "A Fish Named Wanda".

I still get spooked by Dr. Lecter in The silence of the lambs, after 4 or 5 viewings.

LOTR are probably the movies I've re-watched most times.

I've watched the entirety of Kill Bill (both volumes, back to back) at least 30 times.

Ben Hur I've probably seen 15 times (ironic, isn't it?).

matthyaouw
Gold Member
Gale said:
me, i like disney movies a lot, especially mulan, hercules, aladdin, and the lion king, because they're inspiring and i love to sing to them and quote all the good lines.
Same here! The Lion King and Aladdin were my fave films when I was a kid. Just the other week, I was with some friends and we were quite drunk, so we watched Aladdin from start to finish and sung along to all the songs. 5 years or more since I last watched it, and I still know all the songs, and can recite the script line for line. How sad am I?