Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Most respected journals?

1. Apr 29, 2009 #1

Fra

I apologize for this simple question, but maybe some of you dedicates medical experts can give me a quick answer to this? I think this is the right section.

What scientific journals, among international top-3 or so would you think a researcher would rather get published in these fields?

- (Heart)surgery

- Anasthesia

- Medicin (focus on the heart/blood)?

- Neuroscience? pain/stress responses and behavioural brain neuroscience learning disorders

The reason I ask is that I am not that familiar with these journals and I am assembling a reference list to produce an argument for the reputation of a measurement system. The question is which references from what journals of that system that would generally be considered having most status?

/Fredrik

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2009 #2
    Nature and Science publish the most high profile results in these fields. For neuroscience, (my field) other very well respected journals, roughly in order from more prestige to less, are:

Neuron
    Nature Neuroscience
    Journal of Neurophysiology

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook