Most users ever online

• Thread starter Nicool005
  • Start date
Most users ever online was 1264, 05-13-2004 at 10:26 PM.

Wow! What did I miss? Some mass gathering of PFlings? Is it going to happen again anytime soon?

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I believe that was at the time of the first beheading video, there was a thread in one of the forums and apparently many people were googling for the keywords :yuck:

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yeah. The latest high was the beheading video. The next highest - 600 or so I think - had to do with the John Titor thread being on the top 3 google results for Titor.

Evo

Mentor
enigma said:
Yeah. The latest high was the beheading video. The next highest - 600 or so I think - had to do with the John Titor thread being on the top 3 google results for Titor.
A couple of months ago, for a few days, we were exceeding 1,100 members online, there was nothing special going on that I can recall, not too many of those were spiders either.

dextercioby

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
If heads must fail for us to increase our popularity, then so be it !! :approve:

Daniel.

jtbell

Mentor
My first guess, before reading the followup postings, was that it must have been final exam week at a lot of colleges and universities. :rofl:

I think the last record was when we got slashdotted. So if anyone is on slashdot, give us a shoutout :biggrin:

jtbell said:
My first guess, before reading the followup postings, was that it must have been final exam week at a lot of colleges and universities. :rofl:
Hah, yeah that was one of my thoughts too..

Beheading, eh? :yuck: that's unpleasant

That's cool that google helps PF traffic these days

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Greg Bernhardt said:
I think the last record was when we got slashdotted.
When ? I'd like to see that.