Motion & Growth: Exploring Photon-Electron Transitions

In summary, this person believes that frequency is very important and that E=Mc^2 implies that A' and f are related. If A'f = c^2, then c^2 implies that A'f = c. However, if not, strange things come out of this. So, now I look at a peculiar situation with light photon motion and growth.. Can anyone comment on this thought?
SdogV
So, now I look at a peculiar situation with light photon motion and growth.. Can anyone comment on this thought?

Assume frequency is VERY important.

Then, E=Mc^2 might imply

E- M A'cf where
(a) A' is meters squared per sec, i.e., m^2/t (lower case m is meters!) and
(b) f is frequency, i.e., 1/t
(c) c is light velocity, m/sec

such that c^2 is identical in units to A'cf, i.e. (m^2/sec)(1/sec)(m/sec) =(m^2/sec^2)

So the ubiquity of photon-electron transitions lie in A' and f!
If A'f = c, then c^2 implies A'f =c. But if not, strange things come out of this..

Physics news on Phys.org
SdogV said:
So, now I look at a peculiar situation with light photon motion and growth.. Can anyone comment on this thought?

Assume frequency is VERY important.

Then, E=Mc^2 might imply

E- M A'cf where

How does one "imply" the other? What's the direct derivation from one to the other. It seems as if you simply made it up. And not only that, you're mixing the units with the symbol of the variable. This is very strange.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
How does one "imply" the other? What's the direct derivation from one to the other. It seems as if you simply made it up. And not only that, you're mixing the units with the symbol of the variable. This is very strange.

Correction:
So the ubiquity of photon-electron transitions might lie in A' and f!
IF A'f = c^2, then small areas per unit time imply a high frequency, while large areas per unit time imply a small frequency.. Strange things come out of this when applied to mass "lifetimes" times frequency, i.e. (Kg/sec)(1/sec) = Kg.

SdogV said:
ZapperZ said:

Correction:
So the ubiquity of photon-electron transitions might lie in A' and f!
IF A'f = c^2, then small areas per unit time imply a high frequency, while large areas per unit time imply a small frequency.. Strange things come out of this when applied to mass "lifetimes" times frequency, i.e. (Kg/sec)(1/sec) = Kg.

You never answered my question. What allows you to make the equality "A'f = c^2"? Physics doesn't involve making things up as you go along.

Please review the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374" before proceeding any further. You only have one chance left to address this clearly before this thread is closed.

Zz

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is photon-electron transition?

Photon-electron transition refers to the process in which a photon, a unit of electromagnetic energy, is absorbed by an atom, causing one or more of its electrons to move to a higher energy level. This process is also known as electronic excitation.

2. How does photon-electron transition affect motion and growth?

Photon-electron transition plays a crucial role in motion and growth as it is responsible for the creation of energy necessary for cellular processes. This energy is used for growth and movement, such as in photosynthesis, where photons from sunlight are absorbed by chlorophyll molecules, leading to the production of energy-rich molecules like ATP.

3. Can photon-electron transitions occur in all materials?

Yes, photon-electron transitions can occur in all materials that are capable of absorbing and emitting photons. However, the transition probability and energy levels may vary depending on the material's properties, such as its atomic structure and electron configuration.

4. What is the significance of studying photon-electron transitions?

Studying photon-electron transitions can provide valuable insights into the behavior of atoms and molecules, as well as the fundamental principles of light-matter interaction. It also has significant applications in fields such as photovoltaics, electronics, and biophysics.

5. How are photon-electron transitions related to quantum mechanics?

Photon-electron transitions are one of the many phenomena that can be explained by the principles of quantum mechanics. In this field of physics, photons and electrons are described as both particles and waves, allowing for a more comprehensive understanding of their behavior during transitions.