1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motion - Missile Projectile

1. Jan 15, 2013 #1
    Hi,

not sure if I am posting in the correct area but I need some help looking over a piece of homework.

The question is in the image I have linked below but I will type out the question anyway.

A missile leaves the ground with a velocity of 200ms-1 at an angle of 60° to the horizontal. Assume the acceleration due to gravity is 10ms-2.

Questions

a) The initial vertical component of the velocity
    b) The initial horizontal component of the velocity
    c) The Time taken to reach maximum height
    d) The total time of the flight
    e) The altitude obtained
    f) The horizontal distance traveled during the flight.

Link to my attempt at solutions ---------------- http://tinypic.com/r/2igbn2u/6

any help would be appreciated thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2013 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Your results look fine.

4. Jan 16, 2013 #3
    Thanks for the help in checking over my answers. could I ask that this thread be deleted to prevent my fellow classmates using my answers to turn in their work.

5. Jan 16, 2013 #4

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Can't do that; It's against forum rules to delete threads once they've been responded to. One purpose of the forum is to serve as a database of hints, help, strategy and methods for others to consult.

If you want to disguise the questions that you post, you can concoct similar questions from the originals and work though them on the forum to check/prove your methodology.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook