Motion Mountain: Reader Reviews & Discussion

In summary, Motion Mountain is an excellent book that reads like Feynman's Lectures but with a more unconventional approach. The author encourages readers to think outside the box and presents ideas that may challenge traditional beliefs, making it a valuable read for those who have already been exposed to more traditional physics texts. The book covers a wide range of topics and promotes a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of nature and the importance of critical thinking.
cscott
Has anyone read Motion Mountain? If so, how good is it? :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I have and it is quite excellent, my favourite actually. Reads like Feynmann's Lectures but even better, in my opinion. He forces you to think outside the box and states things that might make certain practicing physicists uncomfortable. Because it is a bit subjective, I suggest you read this only after reading a more traditional (though not as overly stiff as the other one by Resnick et al.) introduction to physics text such as University Physics and or Fundamentals of modern physics / Robert Martin Eisberg.

Nonetheless, the manner in which he covers and dicusses makes one to develop an appreciation of the fundementals of nature, the true nature of nature, the meaninglesness of meaning, the folley of "overattatchion" to ideas and the importance of not accepting spoonfeeding and walking off cliffs like sheep.

I have read Motion Mountain and I can confidently say that it is an excellent resource for understanding the fundamental concepts of physics. The book presents the material in a clear and engaging manner, making it accessible to readers of all levels. The author's use of real-life examples and thought-provoking questions also helps to deepen the understanding of the subject matter. Overall, I highly recommend Motion Mountain for anyone interested in learning about physics.

What is Motion Mountain: Reader Reviews & Discussion?

Motion Mountain: Reader Reviews & Discussion is a book written by physicist Dr. Christoph Schiller, which discusses the fundamental principles of physics in an engaging and accessible manner. It is also a platform for readers to share their thoughts and reviews about the book.

Who is the author of Motion Mountain?

The author of Motion Mountain is Dr. Christoph Schiller, a physicist and researcher who has a passion for making physics accessible to everyone. He has also written several other books on the subject of physics.

What topics are covered in Motion Mountain?

Motion Mountain covers a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics. It also explores the history and philosophy of physics, making it a comprehensive read for anyone interested in the subject.

Is Motion Mountain suitable for beginners in physics?

Yes, Motion Mountain is written in a way that is easy to understand for readers with little to no background in physics. The author uses simple language and real-life examples to explain complex concepts, making it a great resource for beginners.

How can I join the discussion about Motion Mountain?

You can join the discussion about Motion Mountain by leaving a review on the book's website or participating in online forums and communities dedicated to discussing the book. You can also interact with the author through his social media accounts or attend any events or talks related to the book.