Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem

• Thread starter pat666
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a homework problem involving a magnetic field (B), length (L), velocity (v), resistance (R), and current (I). The attempt at a solution provided an incorrect answer of 0.0043A, which was later corrected to 0.0427A. However, the problem still remained unsolved due to a mistake in considering the resistance of the whole loop instead of just the length being calculated. The correct calculation involves using the formula R=(3.5*8)/40 to find the resistance of the specific length.
pat666

Homework Statement

attached

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I=BLv/R=.0043A which is obviously wrong, not sure why though?

Attachments

• motional emf.jpg
    motional emf.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 407
Physics news on Phys.org
pat666 said:

Homework Statement

attached

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I=BLv/R=.0043A which is obviously wrong, not sure why though?
parta=4.274A
partb=clockwise
partc=0A
partd=no direction
parte=4.273A
partf=anti-clockwise...
you didn't convert cm unit into meter...hope this was helpful...

if that's right than I must just have a wrong exponent somewhere

mind telling me how you got that because I checked mine and I keep getting 0.00427A??

yupe...you correct...its 0.0427...sorry for previous answer and inconvinience...so wats the problem now...you getting the answer...

No,thats not the answer, I tried that but it tells me its incorrect.

here the resistance 3.5ohm is of the whole loop.But,we have to consider resistance of only the length of the side which we are considering in calculation...
R=(3.5*8)/40.
now do calculation and hope you will get the answer... :)

1. What is "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem" about?

"Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem" is a puzzle-solving game that challenges players to use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills to find the value of the variable "I" in a given equation.

2. How do you play "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem"?

To play "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem", you must first choose a level of difficulty and an equation to solve. Then, you must use algebraic principles to manipulate the equation and isolate the variable "I". Once you have found the value of "I", you have successfully solved the puzzle.

3. What skills does "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem" help develop?

"Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem" helps develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and algebraic skills. It also encourages perseverance and attention to detail.

4. Are there different levels of difficulty in "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem"?

Yes, "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem" offers three levels of difficulty - easy, medium, and hard. Each level presents increasingly complex equations to solve.

5. Can "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem" be played by all ages?

Yes, "Solving for I: A Puzzling Problem" is suitable for all ages, as the difficulty level can be adjusted according to the player's skill level. It is a fun and educational game for children and adults alike.