Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motionless Electromagnetic Generator ( MEG )

1. Dec 2, 2004 #1
    Hi all,

I have just found a site that could provide some interesting discussions

Tom Bearden claims to have created a generator that outputs more power than is put into it.

Any comments,
    is this guy for real :confused:
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll go out on a limb and say...no. This would violate the 2nd law of Thermodynamics.

“The second law of thermodynamics holds, I think, the supreme position among the laws of nature. If someone points out to you that your pet theory of the Universe is in disagreement with Maxwell’s equations - then so much the worse for Maxwell’s equations. If it is found to be contradicted by observation - well, those experimentalists do bungle things up sometimes. but if your theory is found to be against the second law of thermodynamics I can give you no hope;
    there is nothing to do but to collapse in deepest humiliation.”
    -------- Arthur S. Eddington (British Astrophysicist, 1882-1944) in The nature of the Physical World (1928)
  4. Dec 2, 2004 #3
    I've had that site bookmarked for ages because I thought I'd get around to reading it... never did though.

Seems interesting though. He has lots of doctumentation and schematics (though the site is organized very poorly).
  5. Dec 2, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If I post some really good schematics will you buy something from me? :wink:

Actually I think we addressed this once before. Note that the patent makes no claims of free energy. It's just a transformer with a twist.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?