i thought of a design of a motionless speaker, it consisted of a LARGE electromanget that when charged, would attract atoms in the air toward the magnet. then immediatly after that, change the polarity of the magnet and therefore repelling the atoms. repeating this motion would creat pressure waves in the air. all sound is is a fast variance of pressure. i wanted to be sure that this is only impossible because the "air" consists of ~75% nitrogen. if you look it up, nitrogen has no charge. therefore making my idea imossible:grumpy: . unless the remaining 25% that is possibly charged would work. i know that when you change the polarity of an electromanget very quickly, you dont hear anything. WHY DONT YOU HEAR ANYTHING?!?!:surprised i dont understand why this woulden't work dispite the massive ammount of nitrogen (-) as described in this diagram: pardon my spelling and grammar.