1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motivation to study

1. May 20, 2010 #1
    Well basically the dilemma is I am very interested in maths, I think of math questions as provocative and the sense of genius when you get a complex problem correct. The problem is I am trying to self study calculus II using Stewart's calculus ( single variables) yet i find myself always occupied and finding excuses ( i.e work, exhausted , can do it the next day). I always have these feelings towards the end of the day when I'm going to bed, and I always promise myself that I will do it the next day , BUT I prolong the problem. So my question is how can I make my self more motivated towards studies and in particular mathematics and physics. I would appreciate your input.
    Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2010 #2
    It's difficult to find motivation in self-stufy. But if you were taking classes I would say to just think about whatever goals that you would like to achieve in life, and ask yourself if you will ever get there while neglecting your homework. I don't know what kind of job you have, but try to arrange for a set time where you will only focus on study, even if its just an hour. Learning science takes time, as i'm sure most on this board can attest to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook