Help Me Regain Motivation for Last Year of High School

• Thread starter jamalkoiyess
  • Start date
In summary: I think it's a scam.A reality check would do you a world of good, find some online IQ test, (take several) see how you do. Then push yourself to do better. NOTHING in this life worth having is easy to come by. Usually the easier path is the shortest. But then what? You end up in a dead end. To move forward you often have to back track and find a different path all together. By the time you do that you have wasted more time then you would have by choosing a harder path that doesn't end.
jamalkoiyess
I am in my last year of high school and i was doing nice all around. I have always been a hard worker, i worked hard since the day i entered school and i am kind of the best here. But in the last month or so , i lost all motivation and all will, for example i have been sitting doing nothing for about week , JUST NOTHING!(nothing here means watching useless Youtube videos and chatting) It is driving me crazy. Also now that i am not studying anymore my grades are dropping down and some guys are doing better than me . I would be pleased if anyone could find me a solution . I think the cause behind this is because i think i am better than the others so i don't push myself . I really need to lower that self-esteem .

Physics news on Phys.org
You just defined your problem and the solution. You know what you need to do so do it. Yes, it's that simple :)
Good luck!

Sophia said:
You just defined your problem and the solution. You know what you need to do so do it. Yes, it's that simple :)
Good luck!
i know the solution but i don't know the way for it ... It's like having an equation and it's derivative but not know how to arrive. That's why i made this threat . Anymore help would be good. Thanks.

You said you were hard working since your first day at school. Maybe now, in your final year, you are so stressed that you burned out and don't feel like doing anything. It's just too much for you.
I know that it might be counter-intuitive, but if you really cannot work, give yourself a break. Just set a time when you will start working again. Or give yourself two days each week when you will do nothing, just relax. Than you will have more energy to work again. And after 5 days of work, you can reward yourself with 2 days of COMPLETE rest. It's easier to start work if you know there will be rest. If you really can't start at all, work for one day only, promising yourself rest the day after and than repeat.

Sophia said:
Just set a time when you will start working again
yeah that is some good advice thank you very much hope you have a nice day :)

Likes Sophia
A reality check would do you a world of good, find some online IQ test, (take several) see how you do. Then push yourself to do better. NOTHING in this life worth having is easy to come by. Usually the easier path is the shortest. But then what? You end up in a dead end. To move forward you often have to back track and find a different path all together. By the time you do that you have wasted more time then you would have by choosing a harder path that doesn't end.

Don't take the easy way, PUSH YOURSELF!

Likes jamalkoiyess
gjonesy said:
A reality check would do you a world of good, find some online IQ test, (take several) see how you do. Then push yourself to do better. NOTHING in this life worth having is easy to come by. Usually the easier path is the shortest. But then what? You end up in a dead end. To move forward you often have to back track and find a different path all together. By the time you do that you have wasted more time then you would have by choosing a harder path that doesn't end.

Don't take the easy way, PUSH YOURSELF!
Oh heavens, don't waste time with those ridiculous online IQ tests!

Likes Sophia, jamalkoiyess, Choppy and 1 other person
Evo said:
Oh heavens, don't waste time with those ridiculous online IQ tests!
Ahahhahahahaha they ask you 5 questions and then they give you your IQ if you subscribe.

1. How can I stay motivated for my last year of high school?

Staying motivated for your last year of high school can be challenging, but it is important to remember your goals and the benefits of completing your education. Set achievable goals, stay organized, and surround yourself with supportive friends and family. Additionally, try to find activities or subjects that you enjoy to make the process more enjoyable.

2. What can I do if I have lost motivation for school?

If you have lost motivation for school, take some time to reflect on why you feel this way. Is it due to a lack of interest in your classes or personal issues? Once you have identified the root cause, you can work on finding solutions. This could include talking to a teacher or counselor, changing your study habits, or finding extracurricular activities that spark your interest.

3. How can I overcome senioritis?

Senioritis is a common struggle for many students in their last year of high school. To overcome it, try to stay focused on your goals and the future benefits of completing your education. Break down your workload into manageable chunks and reward yourself for completing tasks. Additionally, connect with your classmates and support each other in staying motivated.

4. What are some tips for staying motivated during online learning?

Online learning can be difficult for some students, as it requires a lot of self-discipline and motivation. To stay motivated, create a dedicated workspace, limit distractions, and stick to a schedule. Take breaks when needed and reach out to your teachers for support if you are struggling with the material. Also, try to participate in online discussions and engage with your classmates to stay connected.

5. How can I balance school and extracurricular activities while staying motivated?

Balancing school and extracurricular activities can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set aside specific times for studying and completing school work, and also make time for your extracurricular activities. Remember to take breaks and make time for self-care. It can also be helpful to speak with your teachers and coaches to ensure you are meeting all of your commitments and not becoming overwhelmed.