1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motor Control H-bridge

1. Dec 1, 2009 #1
    I am building a H-bridge to control motor in forward mode and reverse mode , in the attachment i draw the schematic of the circuit , my problem is that the output signal looks like in the picture DSC07167 black signal and i need it like the red signal. How should the input signal of 2 PWM to have on the ouput the both mode? What do you recomand me. my inputs(before logic gates signals) are in the picture DSC07168
    Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding the question. Your circuit looks okay for driving the H-bridge, assuming the logic drive signals are correct. Perhaps you could show us your truth table for the 4 logic inputs to the drive circuit?

4. Dec 2, 2009 #3
    Hello i am sending the logic table , i think i have problem with the input signals to the logic gates and the result isn't like my need
    A and B are in input to the logic gates
    Av and Bv are the output from thr logic gates

A B Av Bv
    1 1 0 0
    1 0 1 0
    0 1 0 1
    0 0 0 0

Thanks in advance

5. Dec 2, 2009 #4
    I'm assuming that the red signal has a negative voltage component. In that case your first going to need a negative voltage supply and your probably going to want to add the two signals using an op-amp, also commonly called an "adder".

AdderAmp.gif

6. Dec 2, 2009 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What are A, B, Av, Bv? I don't see them labelled in the schematic. And what is the output for each of those input combinations?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook