Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motor Control H-bridge

1. Dec 1, 2009 #1
    I am building a H-bridge to control motor in forward mode and reverse mode , in the attachment i draw the schematic of the circuit , my problem is that the output signal looks like in the picture DSC07167 black signal and i need it like the red signal. How should the input signal of 2 PWM to have on the ouput the both mode? What do you recomand me. my inputs(before logic gates signals) are in the picture DSC07168
    Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding the question. Your circuit looks okay for driving the H-bridge, assuming the logic drive signals are correct. Perhaps you could show us your truth table for the 4 logic inputs to the drive circuit?

4. Dec 2, 2009 #3
    Hello i am sending the logic table , i think i have problem with the input signals to the logic gates and the result isn't like my need
    A and B are in input to the logic gates
    Av and Bv are the output from thr logic gates

A B Av Bv
    1 1 0 0
    1 0 1 0
    0 1 0 1
    0 0 0 0

Thanks in advance

5. Dec 2, 2009 #4
    I'm assuming that the red signal has a negative voltage component. In that case your first going to need a negative voltage supply and your probably going to want to add the two signals using an op-amp, also commonly called an "adder".

AdderAmp.gif

6. Dec 2, 2009 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What are A, B, Av, Bv? I don't see them labelled in the schematic. And what is the output for each of those input combinations?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook