Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Motor stops rotating

1. Nov 7, 2012 #1
    hi,
    i have a motor conected to mcu via h bridge but it stops rotating after few minutes.may i know the reason for this.
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2012 #2
    It's because it doesn't work.

4. Nov 7, 2012 #3
    What are all the reasons you know of that are not causing it to stop?

5. Nov 9, 2012 #4
    i dont have any idea..

6. Nov 9, 2012 #5
    Example: Is the motor heating up?

7. Nov 9, 2012 #6

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We have absolutely zero knowledge of what you are doing other from what you tell us. You have told us nothing that would enable us to help you.

8. Nov 9, 2012 #7
    i tried to rotate the wheels of my robot but the problem is the MCU restarts again and again whenever connect motor and hbridge circuit and at last motor stop.may i know the reason for this?
    thanks

9. Nov 9, 2012 #8
    Try using separate batteries for the MCU and the motor and also opto-couplers between the MCU's outputs and the motor.

10. Nov 13, 2012 #9
    share your schematic and software, maybe you are not switching the h-bridge correctly.

11. Nov 13, 2012 #10
    Excuse me, but this thread is reserved for clairvoyants and psychics. We don't need schematics or information about the problem.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook