Upgrade Your Motorbike with LED Accent Lights: A Correct Circuit and Relay Guide

• Thread starter evilfreddie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lights
In summary, the conversation discusses adding LED lights to a motorbike and using a relay to regulate the current. The group also shares tips on using relays and troubleshooting LED light issues.
evilfreddie
Hello all i want to put some led lights onto my motorbike and i just wanted to know that this circuit is correct and yes I've drawn some leds the wrong way round. I want.to use a relay so that the current( even tho should be less than 1amp ) doesn't go though the switch although shoulnt really need it i think
Cheers
Tia

Attachments

• 1461069760413.jpg
    1461069760413.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 380
Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, that general circuit should work OK.

Relays can be tricky. Read the data sheet and app notes carefully.

Thx i will

Me too added some blue LED lights on my bike. I did everything correctly but still it wasn't worked. After analyzing everything still unable to the find root cause of the problem and finally one my uncle who is senior electrician NJ helped me solve the problem.

In the wiring diagram, the group of diodes on the left will not light. They are wired "back to back", i.e. in each series pair one diode will be back biased regardless of applied polarity. The diode group on the right of the diagram looks fine.

evilfreddie said:
... and i just wanted to know that this circuit is correct and yes I've drawn some leds the wrong way round.
It is noted on the circuit diagram.

1. What are motorbike accent lights?

Motorbike accent lights are special types of lights that are installed on motorcycles to enhance their appearance and visibility. These lights are usually LED or neon lights and come in a variety of colors.

2. Are motorbike accent lights legal?

The legality of motorbike accent lights varies by location. In some places, they are completely legal, while in others they may be restricted to certain colors or prohibited altogether. It is important to check with your local laws and regulations before installing accent lights on your motorcycle.

3. How are motorbike accent lights installed?

The installation process for motorbike accent lights can vary depending on the type of lights and the specific motorcycle. In general, they are attached to the frame or body of the motorcycle using adhesive, clips, or screws. It is recommended to have a professional install the lights to ensure they are properly and safely installed.

4. Can motorbike accent lights affect the battery life of my motorcycle?

Motorbike accent lights draw a small amount of power from the battery, but they should not significantly affect the battery life. However, if the lights are left on for extended periods of time without the motorcycle running, it could drain the battery. It is important to turn off the lights when the motorcycle is not in use.

5. Are there any safety concerns with motorbike accent lights?

As with any modification to a vehicle, there are potential safety concerns with motorbike accent lights. It is important to ensure the lights do not obstruct any important controls or signals on the motorcycle. Additionally, using extremely bright or distracting lights while riding can be hazardous to both the rider and other drivers on the road. It is always important to use caution and common sense when using motorbike accent lights.