Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mouse problem

  1. Dec 15, 2004 #1
    I have a microsoft wireless mouse, now most of you would think that would be the problem lol, but seriously here is the problem: I have not used this mouse in a few months, because I could not find any batteries, but today, while looking at the mouse, I noticed that there seems to be some battery acid, or something, on one of the prong(?) things that the battery rest against. How should I clean this battery acid(if that is what it is)?
     
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2004 #2

    chroot

    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    You should never leave dead batteries in a device for a long period of time -- the batteries will leak. Scrape it off gently with a wire brush, like a pipe cleaner, and wash your hands when you're done.

    - Warren
     
  4. Dec 15, 2004 #3
    Cool, I even had a wire brush :smile: Thanks.
     
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?



Similar Discussions: Mouse problem
  1. Hypersensitive Mouse (Replies: 10)

  2. PS2 mouse problems (Replies: 1)

  3. Mouse Problem (Replies: 4)

Loading...