Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mouseover nuisance

1. Apr 8, 2004 #1
    The change to vbulletin 3 here and on various other forums has brought with it these very annoying mouseover "preview windows" -- or whatever they're called -- that constantly get in the way when I'm just trying to read the list of thread titles.

Any chance of shutting that off? Or at least make it more focused - like requiring the mouse to be directly over some limited area rather than anywhere near the titles? As it is, it's almost as bad as having ads pop up in the middle of the page.

Sorry to keep complaining, but ... :mad:

I must admit, though, that the overall look has gotten much better over the past 2 weeks (but I still don't know what the "terrible layout errors" were -- the old format looked fine to me).
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2004 #2
    Your talking about the tooltip right? Just don't have your cursor by the titles when your browsing right?
  4. Apr 8, 2004 #3
    Too complicated. Too many things to think about. Grumble. Grumble. :mad:
  5. Apr 8, 2004 #4
    Maybe if you weren't a member of a physics community I'd believe that statement :wink:
  6. Apr 8, 2004 #5
    Being a member here must mean he has so much on his mind already... so you never know! :tongue:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?