Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mousetrap on incline

1. Mar 2, 2005 #1
    My project's requirement isn't limited to a mousetrap car but that's what I've built. My car has to go up an incline of 5 degrees. I'm aiming for a distance of 14 meters. My car right now can go on a level surface but can barely pass the 1.5 m on the incline!

My dad is helping me with the project and right now we're going to try to see if a thicker axel will make a difference in its power. Is there any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2005 #2
    Perhaps it would help if you explained the project, and what it's supposed to do (as well as how you're supposed to accomplish the task). Right now I have no idea what you're doing! :smile:

4. Mar 2, 2005 #3
    Thanks for offering to help scholzie. :) Although I hadn't reached my desired 14 meters, I've gotten far enough to earn at least a decent grade. Thank you again so much! :)

My purpose was just to build a mechanically powered vehicle that would go up an incline of 5 degrees. Limitations were to fit inside a 60 cm x 60 cm x 60 cm cube, no non mechanical components, and couldn't travel through air.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  5. Mar 2, 2005 #4
    And how were you using the mouse trap?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?