Can the editing popup be moved when making changes to a post?

• Thread starter gfd43tg
  • Start date
In summary, a Moveable editing popup is a user interface element that allows for easy editing of webpage content. It is triggered by clicking or using a shortcut and can be moved and resized. The benefits include convenience and time-saving, and it can be made accessible and customized for a website's design.
gfd43tg
Gold Member
Hello,

When editing a post, the popup where one will type in their edits is locked in place. When I want to see what LaTeX is wrong in my original post, it would be nice to be able to move the popup around so I can see what line of LaTeX is incorrect so I can better fix it

Likes Danger
Physics news on Phys.org
Indeed. This is not a built in capability however. I can put in a suggestion for the developers.

Likes gfd43tg

1. What is a "Moveable editing popup"?

A Moveable editing popup is a user interface element that allows users to edit or modify content on a webpage. It can be moved around the screen and is typically triggered by clicking on a specific element or using a keyboard shortcut.

2. How does a Moveable editing popup work?

A Moveable editing popup works by utilizing HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to create a small window on the webpage that can be moved and resized. The popup contains tools or options for editing the content of the webpage, such as text, images, or links.

3. What are the benefits of using a Moveable editing popup?

One of the main benefits of a Moveable editing popup is its convenience and ease of use. It allows users to make quick edits without having to navigate to a separate page or open a new window. It also saves time by eliminating the need to switch between editing and preview modes.

4. Are Moveable editing popups accessible for all users?

Yes, Moveable editing popups can be made accessible for all users by following web accessibility guidelines. This includes providing alternative text for images, using keyboard accessibility, and ensuring the popup is properly labeled for screen readers.

5. Can a Moveable editing popup be customized to fit a specific website's design?

Yes, Moveable editing popups can be customized to fit a specific website's design by using CSS. This allows for the popup to match the overall look and feel of the website, creating a seamless user experience.