Let's Test Our Movie Trivia Knowledge

In summary, the new rules state that it is OK to google the answer. However, you have to state that you did so in your answer.
Something familiar, something peculiar, something for everyone... a comedy tonight.

Physics news on Phys.org
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Nobody decided to guess my film so I can only assume the thread should be closed for lack of interest.

This is Jedishrfu signing off. Goodnight Mrs Calabash wherever you are.

Oh, Jedishrfu. If you could only stop breaking the thread with your obscure references to 60s films. My parents weren't even fully aware of their gonads back then.

So, anyway, after sudden epiphany, I realized that your last post was not a clue, but the answer. This means we need another question.

Q:
There once was a fella
who had an idea
and all the fellas could dig it!
but one
who took a gun
and thought it was fun
to blame it on a band of fighters

Last edited:
Bandersnatch said:
Oh, Jedishrfu. I you could only stop breaking the thread with your obscure references to 60s films. My parents weren't even fully aware of their gonads back then.

So, anyway, after sudden epiphany, I realized that your last post was not a clue, but the answer. This means we need another question.

Q:
There once was a fella
who had an idea
and all the fellas could dig it!
but one
who took a gun
and thought it was fun
to blame it on a band of fighters

THe Lone Ranger?

Nope. A 70s film.

Clue: there was a scene with a guy in nightgown repeatedly shouting "CAN YOU DIG IT?!" in front of a large crowd of unemployed young people.

The Warriors?

Yeah.
The man with an idea was Cyrus giving the "can you dig it?" speach to the gangs, the one man with a gun was Luther, who shot him and blamed the Warriors for it.

Anyway, fun film. With that cheap, guilty pleasure feel cult movies are made of.

Your turn, Cthugha.

Let's get naughty:

Q: This movie features a threesome with only two people involved.

A little hint: The movie starts with a scene showing a comedian. However, he does not manage to make it a funny scene.

Awright. The Watchmen.

Yup. Your turn.

Q: This film featured a character who owned a wallet with an inscription professing not only that he sleeps with his mom, but also that he's not really good at it.

Clue: said wallet is taken, and shortly returned to the owner, by a lovely couple robbing a cafeteria.

Jesus, people. The director's first name is Quentin.

People must not have been visiting this page, it's quite obviously Pulp Fiction. Funny clue though.

American abroad sticks his neck out for no one. A friendship begins at the end.