Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Movies That Made You Cry

1. Jul 19, 2003 #1
    [SOLVED] Movies That Made You Cry

Have you ever been so emotionally moved by watching a movie that you actually cried?

I remember when I was five years old, I was watching the movie Snoopy Come Home, and it made me so sad when I thought that Charlie Brown would never see Snoopy again, that I left the room crying. Finally, my parents convinced me to come back and see the end.

eNtRopY

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2003 #2

LURCH

Science Advisor

There have been two; Steven King's Firestarter and Walt Disney's Dumbo.

4. Jul 19, 2003 #3
    I was alrite with dumbo(favourite film of all time) but the one that got me was bambi where he is walking through the forest looking for his mother.

5. Jul 19, 2003 #4
    Green Mile and Braveheart

6. Jul 19, 2003 #5
    You see, PFs rule. Do you think anyone else has got this kind of dirt on their administrator?

Just kiddin' .

7. Jul 19, 2003 #6
    The Lion King.

The music was perfect and the part when Mufasa appeared in the clouds was heart-wrenching.

This was also the first movie i ever saw in a cinema and it is my all-time favourite movie.

8. Jul 19, 2003 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Kaku says he cried when he first studied the equations from GR [or maybe QFT but you get the idea].

Last edited: Jul 19, 2003
  9. Jul 19, 2003 #8
    hmmm, i don't ever actually start sobbing in movies, but the closest have been is a beautiful mind anddonnie darko. the latter is the best movie i've ever seen and always gets me emotional, even after seeing it like 5 times!

10. Jul 19, 2003 #9

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't remeber crying, but I rember laughing out loud when they put down that dog in Lady and the Tramp.

11. Jul 20, 2003 #10
    How sad are you. Nobody except a completely deranged **** would laugh at that!

12. Jul 20, 2003 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Really a lot of good movies have gotten to me; but has anyone seen Lorenzo's Oil? I had to leave the house. For some reason this movie got to me so badly that I literally couldn't watch the whole thing. I did watch the end though. That was a first.

13. Jul 20, 2003 #12
    A Korean Movie

The Way Home . I watched this movie in January this year.

Well, I didn't actually cry, but close. At the end of the movie(the last 3 paragraphs of the above link), I dared not watching the screen directly and forced myself to think of something else! I think my character is pretty much like the boy in the movie. A movie is exceptionally touching if the storyline is somehow similar to your personal experience.

14. Jul 20, 2003 #13
    I don't think I've ever sobbed like a baby, (except when I was 7- E.T. leaving to go home. so sad) You young people need to watch it. A classic.

Some were tear jerkers though

That robin williams movie where his whole family dies and his wife commits sucide. I think it's called What dreams may come.

Braveheart was sad-"frreedom!" as was Ransom-Gibson really pulls the drama off well.

Mr Holland's Opus-Ok, maybe that one's just me:wink:

15. Jul 20, 2003 #14
    A walk to remember was a great movie, probably because it had a personal connection as kl kam said

16. Jul 21, 2003 #15

Dal

Titanic, but the music could be the reason for that.
    I'll say... "Cast away" by Tom Hanks.

17. Jul 21, 2003 #16
    The Lion King and Alvin and the Chipmunks (I'm positive there was some sort of movie, maybe not in theatres)

Well, like some others, they were just tears. I assure you, there was absolutely no bawling... Well, not much.

*Slightly off-topic* On reading the topic, I was expecting to be asked what movies I laughed so hard at that I cried out of laughter... That's just me I guess...

18. Jul 21, 2003 #17
    alvin and the chipmunks had a christmas special, and later they had a few straight to video tv movies with various themes. I was a chipmunk fan

19. Jul 21, 2003 #18
    Once Were Warriors, it nearly made me cry.

20. Jul 21, 2003 #19

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Movies that made me cry, there is only one that really made me sob in the movie theater, I was so emotionally involved.. it was quite embarrassing..

I went to this independent movie, I don't even remember the title But it was about this czech? girl who was adopted by an american family during the world war when she was still a small kid. She didn't get along with her family and as a teenager she went back to her home country in search of her family. The girl actually wrote the film for her family, to tell them she was sorry for the way she had behaved.

Somehow I could really identify with this girl, the relationship with her parents, how she ran away to another country, even the dialoges could have been mine. So I (and the rest of the theater to btw) was just pretty much crying throughout the whole movie..

I wish I remembered the name of the movie.. it was something like 'american life', or am I confused with madonna's song?

21. Jul 21, 2003 #20

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I cried when I saw Godzilla, when I realized that I'd jsut paid the price of a cinema ticket to that ****e.

God, that was an awful movie.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?