Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Moving a Thread?

1. Jul 22, 2011 #1
    I posted something on a thread that needs to be moved/deleted. Can I delete my own thread or does someone else have to do this?

I did not intend to post something in the wrong place and I'm just trying to fix it, thanks.

Thread in question:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=516171

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2011 #2

turbo

Gold Member

You can delete it all by yourself if the time-period for editing has not passed. Just select "Edit" and then use the "Delete" option.

4. Jul 22, 2011 #3
    I am missing something, I click edit and don't find a "Delete" option

I see: "Save" "Go Advanced" "Close"

So after that time-period should I just let the thread die on it's own after I remove the content from the OP?

Sorry to be asking so many questions, I just don't want to be breaking any rules/offending anyone.

5. Jul 22, 2011 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You already deleted the OP, you cannot delete a thread.

In the future, hit the "report post" button and ask it to be moved to *X* forum and a mentor will get to it rather quickly.

6. Jul 22, 2011 #5
    Well I think ZZ was telling me it should be in HW, he told me to review the FAQ and that's what I garnered from it (the second post in the FAQ expands the rules to any school related work and I didn't see that initially)

the original post content is as follows:

So I'm guessing HW/Intro Physics? I'm not sure where else to put it.

7. Jul 22, 2011 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Re-read the thread. You mistook the Sticky thread with the FAQ. The FAQs are in the FAQ subforum in the General physics forum.

For the record, I didn't ask you to have this posted in the HW forum. If we think it was inappropriate, you would have been told so, rather than hinted indirectly about it.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook