Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Moving Clock -- Clock is parallel to the movement

1. Mar 20, 2017 #1
    Hi guys!!!
    I want to thank to all the guys which helping us to understand the beauty and mystery of the relativistic theory.
    Here I just want to share the calculation of Lorenz factor for the moving clock in the frame of reference of the "stationary" observer. This time the clock is not perpendicular to the movement but parallel. Here is is.
    clock moving.jpg
    Written: Time that observer sees (measures) when clock moving in v direction. I did clock with w length between two plates.
    clock moving2.jpg In the end is written: "The "light" time of the moving watch as being seen by observer at the ground.
    This time observer at the ground measures with his "ground" watch. Meaning, he will measure "more" time by the factor called Lorentz factor. Every second in his watch will be (sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)) sec in the moving watch.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2017 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Mar 20, 2017 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Indeed, I strongly suggest you take a look at our LaTeX primer, if you haven't already:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

This method has two important advantages:

1. The equations look better (no problems with handwriting style or poor lighting)

2. Responders can quote individual equations by quoting the LaTeX code, which isn't possible if they're embedded in an image (JPEG, GIF, etc.).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted