Moving Forward - a sales pitch.

• News
  • Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pitch
In summary, the conversation highlights the overuse and lack of credibility of the phrase "moving forward" in politics. The term is often used to justify policies without proper evaluation and has become a buzzword for politicians to sound good and win votes. Similarly, the term "progressive" is also seen as a word of contempt due to its frequent use in political rhetoric. The conversation also touches upon the frustration and cynicism of the speaker towards politicians who use such phrases without genuine intentions.
turbo
Gold Member
So many times we heard Bush Senior use "moving forward" to characterize policies that may or may not have been productive as "progressive". By 2010, when some politician says we are "moving forward" with some policy or another, my Bull$**** Radar goes into high gear and I relegate the rest of the schpeil to Nonsense. "Moving Forward" is a bull phrase that means "my way of thinking is right", and that is something that is very poorly evaluated by our media.

Edit: Sorry! There was a news show tonight featuring a public functionary who used the "moving forward" phrase. It's sickening, and it really ticks me off. When a politician characterizes their own actions with such evaluations without regard for their political inclinations, or their own actions, the claim to be "moving forward" has no more credence than "new and improved".

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
i feel your pain. my word of contempt is "progressive".

Oh my. Are you telling me pols say things just to sound good and win votes! ;)

Agreed. More:
MoveOn
Change

1. How will this product benefit me?

This product will benefit you by providing a solution to a problem or need that you have. It is designed to make your life easier and improve your overall experience.

2. What sets this product apart from others on the market?

This product stands out from others on the market because of its unique features and capabilities. It has been extensively researched and developed to provide the best possible solution for your needs.

3. Are there any special offers or discounts available?

Yes, we often have special offers and discounts available for our customers. Be sure to check our website or contact our sales team for more information.

4. Is there a warranty for this product?

Yes, this product comes with a warranty to ensure your satisfaction and provide peace of mind. Our team is also available for any technical support or assistance you may need.

5. Can I customize this product to fit my specific needs?

Yes, we offer customization options for this product to meet your specific requirements. Our team will work with you to ensure that the product fits your needs perfectly.

Back