Mozilla configuration question

In summary, Verizon is my DSL provider. I have difficulty logging into my.verizon.net (subscriber homepage) from Mozilla and from Firefox, but no problem logging in with Internet Explorer. However, in Internet Explorer I go to the verizon login page, enter username & password, and it loads (in the same window) a page that is completely blank except for a little applet (or what looks like an applet) saying "please wait while we log you in..." for a few seconds and then it loads my homepage, all in the original browser window. In both mozillas, after I enter my username and password, I get a completely blank page and that's it. Nothing happens. I then
gnome
Verizon is my DSL provider.

I have difficulty logging into my.verizon.net (subscriber homepage) from Mozilla and from Firefox, but no problem logging in with Internet Explorer.

In Internet Explorer I go to the verizon login page, enter username & password, and it loads (in the same window) a page that is completely blank except for a little applet (or what looks like an applet) saying "please wait while we log you in..." for a few seconds and then it loads my homepage, all in the original browser window.

In both mozillas, after I enter my username and password, I get a completely blank page and that's it. Nothing happens. I then have to reload the login page and then (usually) the little applet or servlet or whatever it is starts up and they log me in, although sometimes it instead loads a window that says "we were unable to log you in", and has a "try again" button, and after I click the "try again" button the little applet starts up & they log me in.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with popup blocking, because the same thing happens whether or not I enable that feature.

Any ideas about this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do you have some javascript features disabled?

As far as I know the only things disabled are
- hide the status bar
- change status bar text

I don't know how significant this is, but in the JavaScript Console (on the Tools menu) the log shows this error TWICE every time I go to the login page:
Warning: The stylesheet http://sso.verizon.net/portal/images/verizon.css was loaded as CSS even though its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
and this error is logged after I enter username & password:
Error: window.navigate is not a function
Source File: https://sso.verizon.net/portal/ProcessLoginServlet
Line: 12

Last edited by a moderator:
hm, id envourage you to go to SUN(thats where, correct?) and get a new version of java stuff then try again - also try and find some plugins for basic coding features at the mozilla website, also it could be something with your firewall?

Java != javascript. Obviously there is something wrong with verizons website and you should make them aware of it.

dduardo said:
Java != javascript. Obviously there is something wrong with verizons website and you should make them aware of it.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL I've done that dance before! Their answer is "we only support Micro$oft Internet Explorer."

I was just wondering if anyone could help identify exactly what the incompatibility might be, to see if I could tweak something in Firefox's config to fix it.

Thanks anyway.

I guess I will find a new provider then, is what I would reply :smile:

Hmm--I suppose since this a mozilla thread,

What exactly makes Mozilla safer to use and browse than Microsoft Internet Explorer?

mattmns said:
I guess I will find a new provider then, is what I would reply :smile:

... and pay $10 or $15 more per month to spite Verizon, as if they'd notice. :yuck:

1. What is Mozilla configuration?

Mozilla configuration refers to the settings and preferences that can be adjusted in Mozilla Firefox, a popular web browser. These settings can affect the functionality, appearance, and behavior of the browser.

2. How do I access Mozilla configuration?

To access Mozilla configuration, open Firefox and click on the menu button in the top-right corner. Then, click on "Options" or "Preferences" depending on your operating system. This will open a new tab with all the available configuration options.

3. Can I customize Mozilla configuration to suit my needs?

Yes, Mozilla configuration is highly customizable. You can adjust various settings such as privacy and security options, appearance, search engines, and more. You can also install add-ons and extensions to further customize your browsing experience.

4. Will changing Mozilla configuration affect my browsing experience?

Changing Mozilla configuration may affect your browsing experience in different ways. For example, adjusting privacy settings may limit the amount of data that is collected while browsing, while changing appearance settings may affect the look of the browser. It is important to carefully consider the changes you make and how they may impact your browsing experience.

5. Is it safe to change Mozilla configuration?

It is generally safe to change Mozilla configuration as long as you understand the changes you are making. It is recommended to only make changes that you are familiar with or have researched beforehand, as some changes may affect the security and functionality of the browser. If you are unsure about a specific setting, it is best to leave it at its default value.