Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mozilla Firebird

1. Jun 11, 2003 #1
    For all you MS haters and open source folk out there try out the Mozilla Firebird browser if you haven't already. I have made the switch from IE6. Firebird is by far the best browser I believe. It's very fast and scaled down. You can also easily install plugins that let you do various things.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2003 #2
    I use netscape 7.02 at home, and konqueror for linux.
    Mozilla's screen looks alike as netscape, i think mozilla plagerise netscape's design.
  4. Jun 11, 2003 #3
    Mozilla was netscape...

Also, Firebird has a completely different GIU, it's very basic and small.
  5. Jun 12, 2003 #4
    I agree. Mozilla is FUN. There's all sorts of extra options, and I can't do without the tabbed browsers anymore, which I am pretty sure was not avail. on netscape, but I could be wrong.
  6. Jun 14, 2003 #5

you can get the tabbed windows in opera, too.

i don't really like how the forums here show up in firebird. are there any plugins i need/ settings i need to change?
  7. Jun 14, 2003 #6
    I used opera for a while, but for some reason I just like Mozilla better. Can't put my finger on it exactly.
  8. Jun 15, 2003 #7

Yeah... I switched from opera to Firebird too to lose the ad bar that was starting to bug me.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?