Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mozilla shortcut?

1. Dec 14, 2007 #1
    How do I create a short cut in Mozilla? At the moment it is not letting me create a short cut on the tool bar.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2007 #2

J77

Drag and drop should work.

4. Dec 14, 2007 #3
    I did that, nothing happened. WHen it did work there was a vertical bar but now it's not there and when I unclick, the icon dosen't stay on the toolbar. Moreover, since this problem all previous bookmarks have been deleted. What's happened?

5. Dec 14, 2007 #4
    How about the create shortcut option, have you tried that? What version are you using anyway? Could even be a virus in your system.

6. Dec 14, 2007 #5
    Where is the 'create shortcut option' located?

7. Dec 14, 2007 #6
    Right-click on the Mozilla application icon and you should find it in the menu, if you are using Windows that is.

8. Dec 14, 2007 #7

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I just right click in the toolbar area and select "new bookmark." A new shortcut pops right up.

9. Dec 14, 2007 #8

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Do the previous bookmarks still appear in the drop down Bookmarks menu?
    If so, then maybe you have turned off the bookmarks toolbar. Right click on one of the other toolbars near the top and select Customize.

10. Dec 14, 2007 #9
    Where is the Mozilla application icon?

11. Dec 15, 2007 #10
    I am sorry I misread your question, I thought you were having trouble with creating a shortcut of Firefox. To view your bookmarks on the toolbar, do the following:

1)Go to View -> Toolbars and make sure the Bookmarks Toolbar option is checked.
    2)Now click on the Bookmarks toolbar and select New Bookmark. Fill in details of the Bookmark in the form.

From the looks of it, as robphy suggested you must have mistakenly removed the bookmarks toolbar.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?