1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ms in project management civil or mechanical

1. Sep 22, 2010 #1
    I currently have a contractors license and i have been working in construction my whole life. I now have to decide if i want to go into civil or mechanical engineering. I feel i can get a job easier with a CE because i know most of the building codes in california and i know a few civil engineers that i have paid to draw plans for me. My main concern is money, i plan to get a MS degree in project management and i want to know which field, ME or CE, will i be able to make the most money in. It might sound a little selfish but im a single father and i have three kids to worry about and the construction industry is not doing to well. My whole life has been in construction but i think would really enjoy working in some of the ME fields, but money is still the major issue. So i guess my main question is what would be the better combo; MS in project management with a CE or with a ME.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted