MS Physics scholarship question

In summary, the individual is inquiring about the possibility of receiving scholarships for a master's program in physics, despite having a degree in agriculture. The response advises them to look for programs that combine physics and agriculture, and emphasizes the importance of persistence and flexibility in finding funding. It also suggests that a strong performance on the GRE may not be enough to compensate for a lack of physics education in a typical agriculture program.
Mohammad Ahmad4040
hello ,
Can i have any scholarships for master for physics?
for one had graduated from agriculure college..
if i passed the Gre test -physics by high degree?
is that pssible? or i had to be graduated from the science coolege-physics?

Physics news on Phys.org
If your post is a representation of your writing style, I doubt you will receive many scholarships.

That said, look at a few schools that are doing research you are interested in. If your degree is in agriculture, perhaps look for an area within physics that has an application to agriculture. Leverage your experience in your application to make yourself a better candidate.
Where there's a will, there's a way. Persistence and flexibility are the keys to finding funding.

Likes Mohammad Ahmad4040
You might want to check out this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...if-my-bachelors-degree-isnt-in-physics.64966/

Doing well on the GRE is not a substitute for an education in physics. Graduate programs will consider you if you've come through a program that is at arm's length from a physics program and has included most of the core educational components. These are programs like: engineering physics, physical chemistry, astronomy etc. You also might be competitive from a program like electrical engineering or applied mathematics with appropriate coursework.

Typical agriculture degrees don't contain enough physics to be seriously considered.

1. What is the eligibility criteria for the MS Physics scholarship?

The eligibility criteria for the MS Physics scholarship varies depending on the specific scholarship program. However, in general, most MS Physics scholarship programs require applicants to have a Bachelor's degree in Physics or a related field, a strong academic record, and relevant research experience. Some programs may also have specific GPA requirements or language proficiency requirements.

2. How do I apply for an MS Physics scholarship?

To apply for an MS Physics scholarship, you will need to research and find scholarship programs that align with your academic and research interests. Once you have identified potential programs, you will need to complete and submit an application, which usually includes providing personal and academic information, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Make sure to carefully follow the application instructions and deadlines for each program.

3. What are the benefits of receiving an MS Physics scholarship?

Receiving an MS Physics scholarship can provide significant financial support for your graduate studies. It can also give you the opportunity to work with renowned faculty members and gain valuable research experience. Additionally, some scholarship programs may offer other benefits such as networking opportunities, travel grants for conferences, and access to resources and facilities.

4. How competitive is the selection process for MS Physics scholarships?

The competitiveness of the selection process for MS Physics scholarships can vary depending on the program and the number of applicants. However, in general, scholarship programs are highly competitive, as they receive a large number of applications from highly qualified candidates. It is important to have a strong academic record, relevant research experience, and a compelling statement of purpose to increase your chances of being selected.

5. Can I apply for multiple MS Physics scholarships?

Yes, you can apply for multiple MS Physics scholarships, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and follow the application instructions for each program. However, keep in mind that some scholarship programs may have restrictions on receiving multiple awards, so make sure to carefully read the terms and conditions before applying.